Unusual RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I recently snapped this photo of an unusual 2-tier 'bus conversion' with a small trailer in tow. Is this a classic RV or a fixer upper? The sign on the trailer said 'for sale' and I was going to stop, but then I realized it was a street vendor selling his wares, not his RV.

Attachments

• strange_rv.jpg
    strange_rv.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 136
Tom,

I ran across the same guy in S.E. Oregon back in August. ?(see pic's) ?

I never did figure out what he was doing under his rig. ?
He pulled into the rest stop ahead of me (that's my old Bounder in the background).
He dropped down, rolled under the rig, banged on everything he could reach, got up and drove away - headed East.

ooops! pic's didn't post...

Attachments

• jse_100_2036.jpg
    jse_100_2036.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 98
  • jse_100_2037.jpg
    jse_100_2037.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 79
  • jse_100_2038.jpg
    jse_100_2038.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 69
  • jse_100_2039.jpg
    jse_100_2039.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 72
Lou, that sure looks like the same guy. Your photos are much better than mine  :(

I think this was the most unusual rig I saw on my trip though.

Attachments

• jse_Tour_Bus.jpg
    jse_Tour_Bus.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 79
  • jse_Tour_BusA.jpg
    jse_Tour_BusA.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 65
Tom and Lou  That unit was also on either the Travel channel or Disney about year and half ago, alone with some other strange units/.  Also had one that floats another thatthe Cab was car height with sleeping quarters above and car storage  in the Upper Rear. with a long sliding ramp.  Wierd stuff out there.

OnaQwest said:
I ran across the same guy in S.E. Oregon back in August.  (see pic's) 

Hey, an RV with a name!  "U.S.M.H. Albatross" is looks like, complete with the bird insignia (above the windshield).  Unusual to say the least... I'm thinking he's a full-timer if you know what I mean! ;)

Lou, as the names of the images suggest, that's a tour bus with sleeping accommodations.

That's correct Tom.

The folks on board were from Germany.  The driver told me the bus was shipped over from Germany some years ago and is currently owned by a tour company in San Diego, I believe.  He said it is kept fairly busy with tours booked by various European groups.  Usually two or more a year.

It has been driven from coast to coast several times, and as far as Alaska on occasion. 

I wasn't allowed to look inside, but could get a fair idea of the interior layout by walking around it.

Watching them setup and tear down for their evening meal was interesting, as was their very efficient breakfast and departure routine the following morning.

I ran across them at a CG in South Dakota last spring.

lou

I have run across them several times over the years -- in Winslow AZ, Torry, UT, and once in CA.  Always stuffed full of German tourists.

We saw several of those in Alaska this summer.  Ok if you like sleeping in a coffin :)

Ned said:
We saw several of those in Alaska this summer.? Ok if you like sleeping in a coffin :)

Ned, my thoughts exactly...  They sit and sleep 24, and the one I saw was full, as Carl said.  I don't think I could bring myself to get in the sleeper much less actually be able to sleep there.  My old Navy shipboard sleeping quarters weren't that close.

lou

Sure wouldn't be very comfortable for someone that is clostrophobic.  nor would it be very enjoyable if some one in the group has a body odor or has a lot of gas.  Whew  Not for me.  Heck our unit is 37' and I'm raising hades cause it's too small.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom