Update, Fuel Prob. (now starting problem), '92 Bounder, 454 fuel injected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeorgeIII

Since our 1st post on 12/28/06, my husband and friend have checked most everything that was received thru replies.  Apparently there is no longer a fuel problem, now it's a starting problem.  It will only start if you put gas into air horn.  Igniition problem eliminated.  Pulled off electrical fuel injectors.  Put a 9 volt battery to injectors.  Fuel is fine.  Plenty of fuel both sides.  Hooked electrical back up -- no fuel, no spark, no nothing.  We assume that fuel delivery system is fine.  Problem lies somewhere in electrical system that tells injectors what to do.  Also changed  TBS, it doesn't work.  Any additional replies are most appreciated.

Ok, I replied to the other post about the fuel items to check.
But to try to clarify..
The engine turns over, but wont start. No fuel flows from the injectors on the throttle body. If you hook up a 9v battery to the injectors fuel will flow?? Does the pump deliver fuel up to the injectors?
If there is fuel delivery to the injectors, and the engine turns over but wont start, you probably have a problem with the computer, or the injector wiring. Need to check the wires for cracks or breaks. Also check the computer main ground just to be sure.

GeorgeIII said:
Since our 1st post on 12/28/06, my husband and friend have checked most everything that was received thru replies.  Apparently there is no longer a fuel problem, now it's a starting problem.  It will only start if you put gas into air horn.  Igniition problem eliminated.  Pulled off electrical fuel injectors.  Put a 9 volt battery to injectors.  Fuel is fine.  Plenty of fuel both sides.  Hooked electrical back up -- no fuel, no spark, no nothing.  We assume that fuel delivery system is fine.  Problem lies somewhere in electrical system that tells injectors what to do.  Also changed  TBS, it doesn't work.  Any additional replies are most appreciated.

By "no spark" are you talking about at the spark plug wires or at the injector connector? You say it starts if you pour fuel down the throttle body so I assume you are talking about at the injector connector.  Did you put a test light across the injector connector with the injector unplugged and see if it flashed while cranking?  If it did not flash you have a power/ground problem.  You should have power all the time and the PCM controls the grount.  With the key on you should have power to one of the injector wires all the time, if not check your fuses.  Not sure how they would be labeled on a MH, but on a pickup the fuse is marked "INJ" 

There is a kill switch that turns fuel off if there is no oil pressure.  This is a preventive measure for vehicles involved in accidents.
1 make sure you have oil.
2 test the switch.

There is also a heat sensor that can be an issue.  That should be tested also.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom