Upgrade Journey Headlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bgalin61

Anyone know where I can get some LED headlights for a 2009 Journey (34Y). As I get older my eyesight isn’t what it used to be, especially at night. We recently left Phoenix before sunup and my headlights seemed pretty dim, so I was hoping there is an upgrade to the lights available. If not, we’ll just have to change our routine of leaving super early on our trips.

Baglin,

If the headlights are not a standard sealed beam bulb, your chance of finding a complete replacement is slim. If they are modern composite headlights, you may be able to install new elements that are either better power or even LED.

I suggest that you go to Youtube (I hate to do this) and search for <headlight bulb shoot out> you will have to do some watching to find out what applies and what might work.

Good hunting.

Matt

If the headlight lens is cloudy, that will reduce the effective light output. I use the 3M headlight restoration kit for our Horizon and the results are enlightening (couldn't resist the pun.) Seriously, the kit does an amazing job.

One avenue would be to figure out what the headlight OEM is. For mine the headlights are from a particular year range of silverado pickups. Once you have that information it will be easier to dive into either bulb replacements or entire lens assemblies in all manner of incandescent or LED.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom