upgrading my audio system in 2007 keystone everest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YukiAlmasy

It currently has a jensen media pro 5000 receiver in it, which has 6 speakers in it and bass, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to upgrade it to something that can do surround sound? I have looked around and can't find a clear answer to this question. If it is possible, then are there any rv specific systems that do it?

The systems mfgs put in are generally junk. Your best bet is to search on sites like Crutchfields.com, find a system you like buy it and put it in. Likely you will have to do some carpentry work and some wiring to get something that will work well, and look good. Don't forget speakers. If your speakers are in the ceiling sound will still be an issue.

The systems mfgs put in are generally junk. Your best bet is to search on sites like Crutchfields.com, find a system you like buy it and put it in. Likely you will have to do some carpentry work and some wiring to get something that will work well, and look good. Don't forget speakers. If your speakers are in the ceiling sound will still be an issue.
thank you

donn is right that OEM stuff is often junk (but not always). And if you want actual, proper surround sound, also research placement for the rear speakers, since that greatly affects what you hear. Of course in an RV you may not get optimum placement for any speakers, but do the best you can, consistent with your other needs and wants in the RV.

At one time jot too long ago Crutchfields had a really neat radio that also had a TV turner built in. But as fast as audio stuff changes itsmprobsbly no longer available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom