US 101 in CA - Richardson Grove State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGriefer

Can anyone tell me what the road conditions are on US 101 through Richardson Grove State Park?  That 2.9 mi section is forbidden to motorhomes over 40 ft and I was wondering why.  There's no other area of 101 so restricted except for a 5 mile section between I-80 and CA-1 in downtown SF.

Thanks,
Al

Haven't driven it in 6 years but I remember no problems. Of  course after driving Hwy 1 from Fort Bragg to Leggett I don't think anything would seem like a problem. At the time I was driving a 36 ft diesel towing a CG.

ken

We've driven it often in our 36 foot motorhome with no problems.  Don't know what the extra four feet or so would contribute to possible problems.  The road is two lane with pretty tight curves.  The large redwoods grow very close to the highway and the road curves around them.  Beautiful drive.  Worth the effort.

Margi

???Forbidden...I can't imagine why. It is narrow and curvy, but it is the only way to go. Just stay on the main 101 and not on the scenic redwood road and you will be fine, just did it last year, in the pouring rain no less. Have a great trip

Back
Top Bottom