US visas delay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyL

Spoke to a UK couple yesterday who applied for their visas in December 2020. Earliest appointment they could get was September! They had just been notified that this appointment was now cancelled and the earliest is February 2022.
Any UK person considering getting a visa better get in the queue.

Tom

Administrator
And folks headed from the US who's US passport has expired face a wait of 18-weeks for their passport.

UTTransplant

We were expecting a multi-month delay in getting our US passports renewed, but we got them in less than 4 weeks! Sent them in March 2021, they arrived at our house in April.

Reactions: Tom

jackiemac

Site Team
Spoke to a UK couple yesterday who applied for their visas in December 2020. Earliest appointment they could get was September! They had just been notified that this appointment was now cancelled and the earliest is February 2022.
Any UK person considering getting a visa better get in the queue.
Wow. Should be able to use an Esta although it will limit stay.

TonyL

Wow. Should be able to use an Esta although it will limit stay.
That's what I suggested to them. So long as they don't envisage any issues with getting their Visas, we bought our unit before we had even submitted any visa applications.

TonyL

People need to be careful and make sure that they do use the official site. There are several very official looking websites that charge much more to obtain an ESTA. More concerning is what they do with your sensitive data.

jackiemac

Site Team
People need to be careful and make sure that they do use the official site. There are several very official looking websites that charge much more to obtain an ESTA. More concerning is what they do with your sensitive data.
Interestingly just after applying for an ESTA via the official site, my credit card was used 3 times in a Staples store in the US whilst I was home in Scotland.

I had to get a new card. I got my money back but just shows even a reputable site can have problems.

The non government sites charge a lot more so you certainly do need to be wary.

Oldgator73

Interestingly just after applying for an ESTA via the official site, my credit card was used 3 times in a Staples store in the US whilst I was home in Scotland.

I had to get a new card. I got my money back but just shows even a reputable site can have problems.

The non government sites charge a lot more so you certainly do need to be wary.
Our government is always in the red so they have to get money anyway they can. :cool:

Top Bottom