US2, East, across the US from Glacier to the UP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil-t

Looking to take this route home from the western parks in about 6 weeks, will head through Canada from the UP.
I am tired of the Interstates and of the narroe 2 lane highways.  Short runs of the 2 lane roads are OK, but tiring if a lot of miles.

If I recall, it has been a long time since I was on US 2, it is mostly 2 lanes through MT and ND.  And it is BORING!

phil-t said:
Looking to take this route home from the western parks in about 6 weeks, will head through Canada from the UP.
I am tired of the Interstates and of the narroe 2 lane highways.  Short runs of the 2 lane roads are OK, but tiring if a lot of miles.

Jim Godward said:
If I recall, it has been a long time since I was on US 2, it is mostly 2 lanes through MT and ND.  And it is BORING!

I didn't find it boring, it is way better than looking at the rear of an 18 wheeler on the interstates.

We found US2 a great rode to travel.  Good condition, beautiful plains, interesting small towns.  We have taken it 2-3 times from the UP to Seattle area.  Light traffic, low stress.

https://youtu.be/kUh6TvSbg7Q

We left this AM from Glacier NP and headed east on US-2.  Have found the 2 lane road to be in very good condition with very little traffic. Small towns are infrequent and interesting. We like the plains scenery as well.  We will continue through Fargo, ND and then turn south  and east.
Thanks for the comments.

We were on US 2 from just West of Williston ND to Nashua MT.  About 140 miles in total.  Some highway construction in two areas.  Probably 10 to 15 miles in total.  Road are as bad as they get. 

garyb1st said:
We were on US 2 from just West of Williston ND to Nashua MT.  About 140 miles in total.  Some highway construction in two areas.  Probably 10 to 15 miles in total.  Road are as bad as they get.

Perhaps they are still doing pipeline work there?

I guess It depends on your travel time and desires. I like roads other than the Interstates, that way you see the country, towns, etc. and may top to eat at indigenous restaurants/diners.

I've taken US 2 all the way... I think I mentioned there are 2 Williston's on 2 - Williston VT and Williston SD.

If you get to the UP on 2, be sure to get some smoked fish at one of the many store/stands... Yum.

dcb in VT   

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom