USA Tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you will be in the west the most,, or the east the most will make a difference.. Dish is the better in the western US while Direct will be in the east due to it's bird positions in the sky being at a higher elevations.. Dish is also cheaper while offering basically the same product.>>>Dan

Depends somewhat on what you want to watch.

An over the air antenna (powered) (about $35 or so) will get many channels in Hi-Def, 1080 dpi.
It's free after the purchase of the antenna.  I get about 50 channels, however most are local.

Also some RV parks have cable TV.

We have never had any problem with Dish network on the east coast. Dish also has the advantage of ?pay as you go? account for RVers.  Can pay a month at a time and not have to agree to a contract. Very RV friendly.

Vicki

shorts said:
We have never had any problem with Dish network on the east coast. Dish also has the advantage of ?pay as you go? account for RVers.  Can pay a month at a time and not have to agree to a contract. Very RV friendly.

Vicki

Is the equipment provided at no cost or do you have to buy it?

shorts said:

Vicki

That was true before ATT bought them out!!!  Direct TV customer service SUCKS!

Larry N. said:
AT&T bought DirecTV, not Dish, which is what shorts was talking about.

I knew that...???.My bad. not enough coffee

Utclmjmpr said:
If you will be in the west the most,, or the east the most will make a difference.. Dish is the better in the western US while Direct will be in the east due to it's bird positions in the sky being at a higher elevations.. Dish is also cheaper while offering basically the same product.>>>Dan

The new Dish Playmaker antennas and software changes things a bit.  http://www.winegard.com/playmaker

lynnmor said:
The new Dish Playmaker antennas and software changes things a bit.  http://www.winegard.com/playmaker

It doesn't change much except that you need line of sight to both arcs to use the eastern arc 61.5 sat. That helps if you can't "see" the lower elevation 129 sat, but hitting the 61.5, 110, and 119 spread can be a problem on heavily treed sites. The Pathway X2 is still the best automatic dish if you want the full arc choice.

I have a daughter that lives in Platsburg, NY. When visiting it's difficult to get a signal using a Dish Tailgater on the ground due to the "birds" being so low on the horizon,, any trees will make a it difficult.  Dan

Yep... In the Platsburg area, the western arc satellite elevations that the Tailgater uses are about 27 degrees for the 110 sat, down to just 15 degrees for the 129 sat. The entire eastern arc satellite set is at ~38 degrees. The Pathway X2 would be a better choice there of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom