Used oil as fuel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

FYI - the old wisdom is going to change in the next few days. 2007 engines will not be permitted  to burn used oil as fuel.

Thats  any engine manufactured after Dec 31, 2006.  the manufacturers have man=y many 06 engines on hand.

2007 Volvo 780 here, with a 2006 Cummins ISX 530HP. I think she will eat just about anything. ;)

Shayne said:
Thats  any engine manufactured after Dec 31, 2006. .

NO, its any engine with a particular set of components, the most important to the used oil issue being a particulate filter, some of which were produced and shipped during the 4th quater of 2006 and are defined under law as 2007 engines.

blueblood said:
NO, its any engine with a particular set of components, the most important to the used oil issue being a particulate filter, some of which were produced and shipped during the 4th quater of 2006 and are defined under law as 2007 engines.

But Leo, don't all diesel engines manufactured after 12/31/06 have to come with those components ???

Sorry Leo  I phrased it wrong.  Thinking one way and typing something else  One of those dang senior moments.

BernieD said:
But Leo, don't all diesel engines manufactured after 12/31/06 have to come with those components ???

Yes but he said manufactured after 12-31-06 and I was pointing out that some of them have all ready been built and shipped in fourth quarter of 06 and under EPA regulations are certified as 2007 engines i.e they contain new reduced NOx equipment and particulate filters plus other items. The used fuel oil can not be put in them. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom