Used RV wanted, good running condition, no furniture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katharine

I'm looking for a used RV in good running condition but with no sofa, no dinette and no bunk beds. Ideally, I want the seats in front to turn around and thereby become part of the RV living space. I'm thinking that the furniture in these things must wear out, and that the dealers replace it before selling it. I just don't want it replaced. Any ideas? I'm in Oregon.

Dealers would not replace the furniture in any RV. That would cost too much. They would wholesale the RV out first. RV furniture is very expensive. I did find a used RV with most of the furniture removed. I got it from a private party. Two women owned it and removed everything so they could live in it with their 19 cats. Generally the furniture does not wear out. Most RVs are used for about 5,000 miles a year. Not much time to wear things out.

WELL...?.We all know the Faux leather does indeed wear out. :mad:  At lest that's what I read on 2 other forums. I don't have any leather. Don't want any.

Welcome to the Forum!

I assume you are looking for a motorhome, not a towable.

Your best bet is look for the MH you want - size, style, floor plan, then pitch any furniture you do not want to keep.  Very few come without furniture.  Some come missing one chair, but most are fully furnished.  As others said, the furniture quality is usually not great.

You can check our For Sale board, lower on the home page.

Your best bet is to find one of those that has worn or dirty furniture and have it stripped out as part of the purchase negotiation. Rarely does any RV dealer refurbish a rig before selling it - it is strictly "as is". The only repairs or updates they do is what the buyer negotiates for.

The big RV dealer near me has a ?bargain row?. Assume a lot of dealers do and they are old or beat up either inside or out.  Another option may be some of the repo or insurance auctions where there might be damage you can handle.

Katherine
What do you expect to pay?  Are you looking for a project?  Or do you want it empty for a totally new purpose?  I have a nice 37' Winnebago, it has a sofa in decent d=condition, we were looking to reupholster, but bought a new coach.  It has a dinette that could be left or removed.  the front seats turn. 

What about bedroom, looking for that to all be empty?

Thanks for all these replies. I can't figure out how to answer anything individually, so am writing to all of you. Thanks particularly to the person who has an RV to sell: But I don't want one that big.

katharine said:
Thanks for all these replies. I can't figure out how to answer anything individually, so am writing to all of you. Thanks particularly to the person who has an RV to sell: But I don't want one that big.
Katherine, go to the poster's post you wish to reply to and click the word 'Quote' in the upper right hand corner of the post. The post will pop up in a reply window and all you have to do is click on the end of the post and start typing.

Back
Top Bottom