using bathroom while driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't help much either if you're parked and the wind decided to blow into the pipe. The only complaints I've heard about the RV-360 is that they are 1) costly, and 2) are kind of on the flimsy side and break easily. Maybe they've improved since then......

Well I don't know about suing Winnebago but Marsha and I met an older fellow in Bakersfield who was driving a fairly new MH from Quartzite to somewhere North.  As we were standing in Parking lot of Stiers he drove in the lot at about 30 MPH and slammed on the brakes.  What a sight he was.  There was so much dirt on the bus that we never did know the color.  One headlight was hanging loose and pointing at the ground and his slide was still out and branches and limbs (tree) were protruding everywhere.

Marsha for sure had to find out what had happened so naturally she just asked the guy driving who looked like a long worn out cowboy after a long tril ride.  His hair was uncombed and his hands and clothes were as dirty as his MH.  He siad he was there to replace his broken headlight.  Marsha asked what happened to his coach and he explained that he needed to stop to use his bathroom and pulled to the side of the road.  He forgot to set his brakes and while on the toilet the coach rolled back and tipped into the ditch on the side of the road.  He ended up trapped inside and needed to crawl out of his bath window.  Not sure how his slide ended up extended but he was going to continue driving it with the slide out.

Happy camping I think...tim

We have never experienced a problem that would warrant getting a 360 or anything like it.  The stock system has always worked well for us.

I've heard the Xtreme vent is sturdier than the RV 360.  Don't know - have never seen a real need for either. We rarely get any odors when moving down the road - or any other time either.

I've always thought they were real cool.  But not cool enough to stop and pick one up along side of the freeway.  I've seen a dozen over the last three years.  Perhaps they shoulde be glued or screwed on?  Press fit doesn't always work!

Tom said:
You could, instead, use the NASA solution for astronauts. There are 3 times when they cannot leave the seat - takeoff, landing and re-entry. At those times, they wear an oversized diaper.

Tom:

Or confronting their boyfriend's current amorous interest. ;D

LOL Jeff. That really was a sad love triangle type story.

We had a wasp nest in one of our vents.  DH changed both to the 360? ones.  If there is even a small amount of wind those things are moving.  Wasps won't hang around and try to nest now because they're always moving.  So for that reason alone, I think they are worth the money.

Re sewer smells in the coach while driving on the highway. Most of this has been said already but------

On the road, all the windows and all the roof vents should be shut, and fresh air should be drawn in through the driver and passenger seat cab vents. This keeps a mild positive pressure on the interior of the coach, and prevents black or graywater odours from being sucked in.
It seems natural  that the roof vents might draw in more fresh air, BUT at speed they create a significant negative pressure inside the coach which can sometimes draw in waste gases. The coach will draw in from the easiest place, so if you open the toilet valve expect an inrush of 'deathfumes'.
Roof air conditioners, OTOH,  and especially the basement models of AC create positive pressure and that is a preventative for ingression, but if it's not warm enough to need AC, just let the cab controls do their work.
When using the toilet, keep the windows and roof vent tightly shut, flush and tidy up the toilet etc, get the valve closed and adequately sealed with water,  and THEN open the roof vent for a minute or so to clear whatever miasmas you have made yourself. Then close it again before you go back to your seat.
I'm not against the 360 vents and whatever, but it's not necessary, and toilet chemicals are not necessary either.

Of course you could do what the trains did while I was growing up. Let the toilet drain directly on the track. Ewwww
Rankjo  :eek: 

Roof air conditioners, OTOH,  and especially the basement models of AC create positive pressure and that is a preventative for ingression, but if it's not warm enough to need AC, just let the cab controls do their work.
Roof a/c units in RVs are 2-piece units which are physically separated.The interior part doesn't have access to outside air, so no pressure differential. They just recirculate interior air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom