Vaccine type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyL

Can anyone give clearance on whether the Astrazeneca vaccine is accepted for travellers entering the US. Currently, you are not allowed to enter the US if you have been in the UK for the previous 14 days. As I understand it, you can lay your country of entry by staying in an approved country for 14 days, ie, Mexico or Canada. I also think that whilst you cannot cross a land border, it is accepted if you fly form Vancouver to a US international airport.
Any confirmation either way would be a great help.
TonyL

Tony,
The lack of replies seem to confirm my limited search on the subject. Astrazeneca is not currently approved by the CDC here in the US.
Can anyone give clearance on whether the Astrazeneca vaccine is accepted for travellers entering the US. Currently, you are not allowed to enter the US if you have been in the UK for the previous 14 days. As I understand it, you can lay your country of entry by staying in an approved country for 14 days, ie, Mexico or Canada. I also think that whilst you cannot cross a land border, it is accepted if you fly form Vancouver to a US international airport.
Any confirmation either way would be a great help.
TonyL
Tony, the lack of replies seems to confirm my limited research. Astrazeneca is not currently approved by the CDC here in the US, even on a temporary basis. But that doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be accepted for folks like yourself who have been vaccinated before the leaving the UK. Here is one page returned by google, but it's already out of date:

Hi Tom, thanks for looking. I have googled as much as I can, some sites say the US will not accept travellers who have had the AZ vaccine, others say that there is no requirement for vaccination but you must have a negative test before arrival.
The last thing we want to do is book travel arrangements that would not be accepted.
TonyL

Hi Tom, thanks for looking. I have googled as much as I can, some sites say the US will not accept travellers who have had the AZ vaccine, others say that there is no requirement for vaccination but you must have a negative test before arrival.
The last thing we want to do is book travel arrangements that would not be accepted.
TonyL
Tony, it would seem that your best bet would be to get tested and provide negative results on arrival. Be sure to check how many days the result will be accepted.

You need to call the State Department local office in your country. I would not rely on any non-expert advice or any internet postings as that information might be out of date. Things are changing very quickly, so web sites might not be up-to-date. Also, trying a work-around by going through another country is likely to get you into trouble unless you can confirm this as being legal with the US State Department. Contact the US Embassy in the UK and get their response in writing.

I have had confirmation from the US CBP department that whilst direct travel to the US is still not permitted, we can travel via another country provided it is not on the prohibited list so long as we stay there for 14 days. (there are other proper conditions to be adhered to as well)
If we travel out to arrive towards the end of October, we will want to travel down the country from Seattle area to end up around Lake Mead and then to Quartzsite.
My question is, does anyone know what the situation is regarding campsite availability down the coastal route, or if it is open, down the 395 toward Las Vegas?
I am wondering due to the large wildfire situation, if sites are full due to the unfortunate people who have had to flee their own residences in order to stay safe. What are people finding at the moment?

I think I saw something the other day that said that all the State Parks in Ca are closed because of the wild fires. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Just a update: I googled it and found that it’s the national forests which are closed till Sept 17th I think. They said it affected 17 forests.

Last edited:
Tony, I don’t think anyone can guess the fire status then. The California fires are truly catastrophic, and they are closing other places to move staff to support fire fighting.

This may not fit your exact scenario, but I telephoned U.S. CBP the other day, in anticipation of flying from Canada to the U.S. The supervisor I spoke with advised that they (CBP), don't deal at all with whether a visitor (flight) is or is not vaccinated, nor do they care what vaccines the visitor has had. All of that is taken care of by the airlines and CBP only handles the same issues they handled pre-Covid.

The airlines that I checked with flying out of YVR only ask that the passenger has a negative test within the 72 hours prior to flying.

Marv

I think I saw something the other day that said that all the State Parks in Ca are closed because of the wild fires. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Just a update: I googled it and found that it’s the national forests which are closed till Sept 17th I think. They said it affected 17 forests.
The company I work for manages campgrounds in National Forests throughout California. On a Zoom meeting the other day, none of the other area managers seem to think we'll re-open on the 17th. Two weeks just isn't going to be enough time for them to get a handle on the fire situation.
Meanwhile, I've got 14 campgrounds sitting idle and around 20 hosts sitting around with nothing to do on a holiday weekend. Everyone is pretty disappointed.

The company I work for manages campgrounds in National Forests throughout California. On a Zoom meeting the other day, none of the other area managers seem to think we'll re-open on the 17th. Two weeks just isn't going to be enough time for them to get a handle on the fire situation.
Meanwhile, I've got 14 campgrounds sitting idle and around 20 hosts sitting around with nothing to do on a holiday weekend. Everyone is pretty disappointed.
I know that the destruction caused by the fires is heartbreaking even to watch, let alone be part of. I am also very aware of the knock on effect of trying to avert further fires or risk to life. Your information about the closures is the kind of helpful advice we are searching for. Thank you.

We have resort reservations in Hawaii for next April. Our trip there Easter of 2019 was cancelled due to COVID. Hawaii has shut down for incoming travelers now due to the variant. We may have to cancel again. As for flying from the UK right now; I don’t think I would want to be on an airplane for that long; flying Petri dish.

We have resort reservations in Hawaii for next April. Our trip there Easter of 2019 was cancelled due to COVID. Hawaii has shut down for incoming travelers now due to the variant. We may have to cancel again. As for flying from the UK right now; I don’t think I would want to be on an airplane for that long; flying Petri dish.
I understand the concern, but as everyone on the flight must have undertaken a PCR test and it must be negative, more people are vaccinated than when we flew home in November, and face masks are mandatory, I feel safer than when travelling by train where there are no such requirements, even though the train journey is shorter.

The CDC/FDA revoked AZ's vaccine EUA in the United States...
The website just says it is waiting for info ...

I believe it is acceptable to enter the US as it is approved for use by the WHO ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom