Valley of the Gods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
This is a 17 mile drive over a well graded gravel and clay road that takes you past some very impressive rock formations. We found this area to be as beautiful as Monument Valley.

Attachments

• Balance Rock Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 002 (Medium).jpg
    Balance Rock Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 002 (Medium).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Seven Sailors Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 025 (Medium).jpg
    Seven Sailors Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 025 (Medium).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 119
  • The Shoe Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 016 (Medium).jpg
    The Shoe Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 016 (Medium).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 006 (Medium).jpg
    Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 006 (Medium).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 015 (Medium).jpg
    Valley of the Gods 2006-04-25 015 (Medium).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 98
Ned

Although we like Valley of the Gods & go there often, In my opinion it no way compares with Monument Valley. Attached pics show why I feel that way.

Attachments

• P4230041 (Small).JPG
    P4230041 (Small).JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 118
  • P4230043 (Small).JPG
    P4230043 (Small).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 107
  • P4240056 (Small).JPG
    P4240056 (Small).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 111
  • P4240061 (Small).JPG
    P4240061 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 130
We enjoy both equally.  The few photos I posted only show a small part of the area.  If you haven't driven through Valley of the Gods, it's worth the hour or so that it takes.

Ned said:
We enjoy both equally.? The few photos I posted only show a small part of the area.? If you haven't driven through Valley of the Gods, it's worth the hour or so that it takes.

Ned,
I completely agree that if you are in the area, Valley of the Gods in a drive to take. Mother Nature has so many sights to behold!  But I think with all of the photo stops it may take more a than an hour!
Betty

Terry A. Brewer said:
Ned

Although we like Valley of the Gods & go there often, In my opinion it no way compares with Monument Valley. Attached pics show why I feel that way.

Monument Valley certainly is unique. John Ford also thought so. :) I especially like that last photo. That should be enlarged and matted!

Jim

>>I especially like that last photo. That should be enlarged and matted!<<

Thanks...Just think what I could do with a fancy camera like yours instead of my "point & shoot".<G>

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim

>>I especially like that last photo. That should be enlarged and matted!<<

Thanks...Just think what I could do with a fancy camera like yours instead of my "point & shoot".<G>

Terry,

I was once told it's not the camera, it's the photographer. One professional did an experiment. He took a point and shoot and followed another photographer with "real" equipment. The point and shoot did just as well. :)

Betty -- Beautiful pics especially the Rainbow.
Jim Dick - - Very true about the point and show. 
Audrey(LW), that I left in Amarillo, couldn't take a decent pic if she have the cameras used on the space shuttles .  She points and cuts off everyone's head. A disaster looking for a place to happen.  Maybe that's why I left her.

Shayne said:
Betty -- Beautiful pics especially the Rainbow.
Jim Dick - - Very true about the point and show. 
Audrey(LW), that I left in Amarillo, couldn't take a decent pic if she have the cameras used on the space shuttles .  She points and cuts off everyone's head. A disaster looking for a place to happen.  Maybe that's why I left her.

Shayne:

Can we assume Audrey also does not use the computer, at least not to access the Forum? ;D ;D

Having been to neither place, after looking at the pictures, I find the rock formations at Valley of the God's more striking. 

The backdrop of Monument Valley is magnificient, and Betty's pictures outstanding, but the actual rock formations, as viewed in Ned's pictures,  at Valley of the God's are more interesting and more expressive to me.

Hot dang--- Smoky survives.  We are heading back to PEM today sometime.  Shipping our other Lincoln. Heck it might even beat us there.  We're going to take our time and drive at Smoky Speed or less.  I think I may have credited Betrty with Ron's pic, if I did,  oops, sorry.

Let me add the Valley of Fire, near Overton, NV to the north of the Lake Mead Recreational Area, for some spectacular rock formations. While not as large as those at Valley of the Gods or Monument Valley, you can do a walking tour and see literally hundreds of them. Besides, there are w&e sites for $7/night with your Golden Age Passport card. Here are but a few examples.

Attachments

• VOFsmall45.jpg
    VOFsmall45.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 80
  • VOFsmall46.jpg
    VOFsmall46.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 74
  • VOFsmall47.jpg
    VOFsmall47.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 72
Karl:

Thanks for the pics.  I see I have to add a few more places to our travel list.

Shayne, you will find an array of plants at your abode.  Thanks for watering them.  If you get a chance, maybe once every 3 weeks you can water the cactus at our place.  But only if it does not rain for 3 weeks.  A free round of golf for you when we return!

Shayne said:
? I think I may have credited Betrty with Ron's pic, if I did,? oops, sorry.
Shayne,
The rainbow photo was actually taken by Terry. ?I just posted the message. I think all parts of Southern Utah are simply majestic and awe inspiring. ?Certainly a place to put on your ?"I must visit someday list."

Betty

Karl,

Nice shots. The VOF46 reminds me of a Gila Monster on top of a rock. Kind of like the lizard at our campfire a year ago! :)

Back
Top Bottom