Vancouver Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyefighter

We decided on going to Victoria and Vancouver Island for our last (hope not) family vacation this summer.  Anyone out there have any good suggestions for RV parks in Victoria and the rest of the island?

Hi tyefighter,

In Victoria, I recommend Fort Victoria Campground www.fortvictoria.ca. It's not far from downtown, is easy to get to and is well run.

Up Island, the only one I know at all is near Campbell River. It's called Salmon Point Resort http://www.salmonpoint.com/index.html and is a very nice park. It's also pretty central. For example, we went whalewatching at Telegraph Point near Port Hardy in the north and drove up & back in the same day.

I hope you enjoy your holiday.

I'm not familiar with Fort Victoria but I do know where it is.  As C-Camper says, it's not far from downtown (legislature, museum, Empress Hotel, etc).  There is one much closer, can't recall the name as I type, right on the inner harbour roughly across from those features I just identified.  Although I've not stayed there, one feature that makes me think my wife and I will spend a few days there art some point is the small boat-bus working the harbour that you can take to cross the harbour to the downtown features.

Where we have stayed is Weir's Beach, generally east of Victoria (and of Fort Victoria) and right on water.  We like it there because it is small and fits our "do nothing while we're there" approach.  Mind you, when we were there last spring I spent quite a bit of time observing a pair of nesting swans.

Ciao,

Doug

Thanks for the advice guys.  I did a little searching on the web and found Westbay RV Park, sound a lot like the one Doug talked about.  Found it on Google Earth and than made reservations for this August, looks like you should have great views of the surrounding area.  I got all the travel brochures from the local areas this week and now planning to see all the sights.  With everything there is to do on the island we might need two weeks or more, might have to make the kids leave early to go back to school.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom