Vector jump start/air compressor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Camping World has this item now. As I have not jet found the ideal air compressor to store in the Minnie, this one caught my eye. 260 psi. That should handle my 85 psi requirement fine. Plus the ability to use as jump start. Too good to be true ?? What am I missing here ?? Suggestions anyone ?

Thanks,

Jack.

Well.. Two things, Number one I have NEVER had a DC operated compressor develop the advertised PSI, NEVER, and I'v eowned a number of them, though I think you will be allright in this area (If it says 260 I'd expect it to top out at around 180 which is plunty) I have had AC compressors make their advertised mark

Second it may not be big enough to start a garden tractor, let alone a car or RV, Vector makes a long line of these things, Some of them are excelent and do a good job of jump starting, others simply don't have the oomph,  you need someing over 500 peak amps, I like 750 minimum and my personl jump starter is a 1,000 amp box

With only 4-7 amp hours of power,  they won't make 1,000 amps long, but my "Big" box (Which is actually the smaller of the two) gets the job done more often than not.  The little 350 amp peak box I have (Which really is the smallest) makes a good flashlight (has a built in light, about all it's good for)

It won't provide much volume of air at 85 psi - lucky if it could take you from 75 to 85 psi before running out of power or overheating sand shutting itself off. And 450 amps isn't enough to start a big engine from a totally dead battery, but it may be enough to assist one that is just a little bit dead.

Oh, last time I looked COSTCO (And Sams Club as well) had some excelent units in the 900 amp peak range, this will start most cars, I've even used one to help start a Chevy Kodiak class tow truck (more than once)  A local tow company uses a bunch of them

Thanks everyone, I knew it was too good to be true.....
I will settle for a small compact tankless compressor that will handle my 85psi requirement and forgo the jump start bit.

Thanks,
Jack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom