Vent Fan Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dktool

A few months ago I believe I found a thread on here that mentioned an upgrade fan unit to replace the mickey mouse 6" fan in older bathroom vents.

It was a drop it that basically changed it to a full diameter fan but without removing the existing vent frame or cover.

Is there such a thing or was I wishful dreaming ? (happens more frequently as the years pile on)

I'm not sure that it is quite that easy but Max Air and Ventline as well as several others make conversions to a better exhaust fan. I do under stand as we had ours replaced recently. I kind of hated to pay someone to do mine, but I've reached the point in life where I stay off of the roof.

I am unaware of the ability to change vent duty style without breaking the roof seal however it could be possible that some manufactures used same assemblies for different vent styles that would allow certain interchangable parts. It is also possible that an after market company provides a modification you prefer but I am unaware of that existsnce

Depending on the age and condition of your existing assembly, it could possibly be better in the long run to replace the entire fixture with a new roof side seal rather than keeping what I would guess is original to the coach.

Heng's has a line of fan upgrades that are easy to install on existing standard vents. Scroll down the Amazon page to see some of their other options with more features:

+1 for Heng. I installed a similar model early this year, replacing the puny 6 inch fan in my coach's bathroom and it really made a huge difference. The size fits perfectly standard vent sizes (14 in).

The lack of speed adjustment was a bit of an issue for my wife, as the fan works really well but it can be a little noisy, so I installed a speed controller for it, and that way it can be adjusted as desired:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom