venting about camping world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beerman

I had 3k worth of work done to my rig, tires, ac charge stuff like that. All i needed was to replace the air horn and everything would be working 100%. I make the hour drive to camping world and buy a new air horn and some other stuff, get home open the box and a lot of the parts are missing. Someone had opened the box and even wrote on the instructions that some parts were missing. I call them up and tell them about it and ask if they could ship or send someone out with a new one....the response............ drive back and pick it up.

That just makes me mad after killing a free night.
Sigh story of my life.
I feel better now.
Thanks for listening.
Brian

That's happened to me at numerous retail outlets. So much so that now I ask if the box has been opened before purchasing an item.

I've run into the same thing a couple of times.  So Now, I never leave a store once I've purchased something, without opening the box and checking everything iinside.  Happens way to often these days.

I too have seen it at a number of stores... Including one time at camping world (My generator exhaust extension came minus a few easily obtained parts, was easier (and less expensive) to buy at hardware store than to drive back to CW, way cheaper (Cost of gas (about 2 gallons) v/s under a dollar in parts)

If you are buying something complex.... You can open the box, in the store, and check out the parts list right there.  There is usually a vacant counter, service or customer service, or an unused check out lane

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrWil
Back
Top Bottom