Version usb760 air card not working in Cardlepoint MBR1000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLJKansas

All was working fine before we moved from the lake back to the house. Now the laptops see the router and shows strong signal, but will not connect to the aircard. Air card works with each laptop. Also with the new laptop which has worked on router/aircard at the lake, the cradlepiont wants a password but nothing I have as a password works.I have tried reseting the Cradlepoint,  Any ideas? I have sent Cradlepoint an email a little while ago. 

I am a long time user of the MBR1000, and previously had a 760, until I upgraded to the UML290 4G card. You should always try to keep the software on the router up to date. Whenever I had problems getting a connection in the past, the first thing I do is connect the usb air card to one of the computers.  Make sure that you can connect directly, and if you have problems you have eliminated the Cradlepoint router as a possible problem.  Also, if you do have problems connecting, it is easier to deal with whoever's service you have, like Verizon, or AT&T, etc.

If the air card works directly with a computer, but not through the Cradlepoint, I have had success talking to the tech support at Cradlepoint.  You may have to wait to get through to them, but I found that once connected, that their support was competent and helpful.

Good luck, Larry.

Thanks Larry,

I do keep the card up to date.  Cradlepoint has responded, with instructions on how to reset the router, will try it tonight.

Just to update. we are still having issues with signal at home. We are 4.5 miles from the tower and can see the tower from the road,  but in the driveway and at the house we have been getting very poor signal. Well after several calls to Verizon tech support,  and Verizon checking my location they determined that I had too much foliage near the house.  I also talked to one of our engineers at work and he concurred with Verizon's findings. I guess it may get better when the leaves fall off the the trees.
I have a Wilson trucker antenna and am going to get on the roof and see if I can increase my signal or at least stabilize it.

The router problem was fixed with a reset of MBR1000 and directions from Cradle Point"s tech support.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom