Very small portable scanners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I was in Fry's Electronics today looking at scanners.? I notice they have several small things about the size of a Quiznos sandwich.? I didn't take time to read the boxes.? They were priced from about $100 to $150, which is high.? The regular flatbed scanners can be had for as low as $50.? However, space is a concern.?

Does anybody have one of these little scanners?? Like any of them?? Hate any of them?? Are the pages pulled through automatically?? Can they be hand fed over an open book?

--pat

Hi

We have a Cannon BubbleJet BJC-80 printer which is the size of a tissue box.

Using an IS-12 Scanner Cartridge (sold sep), it turns into a great small scanner too.

The paper auto feeds thru, but you cant wave over a book etc - think of where you put the paper into a printer (top) and thats where you slide your item to be scanned.

It also has an infrared option too which avoids having to get cables out.

Paul

One thing about the small scanners, they tend to be pass through scanners (you feed them a piece of paper and they pull it through and scan it as it goes)

This works great if you are scanning sheets of paper, checks, reciepts, and other sheet of paper documents

Don't work so good if you are scanning books.  That takes a flat bed scanner (I hae an old one, works great but bought it last century)  I'm kind of wondering where it's going to fit in this rig though

Back
Top Bottom