Veterans Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayne

Sincerely hope you all pay tribute to the Past, Present, and future Armed Forces members today, bot without these men and women having served so heroricly, none of us would have the previlege of the great Sport of RVing.? Each and every one of us have lost a loved one, relative, or friend from the past that gave for more then any of us have ever given, no matter our giving detailed.? They were and are the true heros and we must pay tribute to each and every individual that served this country so we may be free to enjoy? our way of living.? Also a prayer for those now serving and those that will in the future.

Amen to that Shayne. Thanks for reminding us all how much we owe to past and current services people.

Thank you, Tom.  We just returned from a tribute to Vets her at PEM.  Makes you feel better to see how many served and remember  those that did.  Thanks  Karl

For the last several Veteran's Day Celebration I have gussied up my Veterans of Foreign War Hat complete with lifetime membership, offices held and ribbons appropriate to display ...... all of this in anticipation of the day.? I also have set aside a hat in memory of dearly departed veterans and other organizations.?

On each of those days, I have been unable to participate.?

Today, after a restless night, I finally popped out of bed in time to meet with other hearts for the 11th minute of the 11hour of the 11th month.? It is a good day today.? I am proud to be a part of this great country.? I am wearing about my neck two dog tags my father's and mine, in my pocket a watch that will eventually be engraved but the best item that I am wearing is a tremendous belief that We The People shall continue the journey of the UNITED States of America.?And I realized, I couldn't find the hat.? I did not find it and I did not need it.? To all of my fellow Veterans including my husband I say Thank you for being there and Have a glorious day of respect, retrospect and remembrance's.?

Thanks, Shayne, from me (U.S. Army) and Mike (USMC). And thank you to all those who choose to serve.

Let me add one old, but appropriate quotation ; I know not who to attribute it to, but here goes: "They also serve who only stand and wait." Without the loving support and understanding of family and friends, those who directly serve would be hard pressed carry on their missions without the conviction and will necessary to do so. My hat is off to not only the veterans, but to the  academia, parents, sons and daughter, friend and lovers. and other supporters of our troops, both here and abroad.     

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom