Videos of some of my favorite Utah parks, hiking in Zion, Bryce, and Grand Staircase National Monument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoBeautifulPlanet

We were able to take our RV from the East Coast to Utah to visit the national parks and monuments. I made videos of some of the hikes in the Utah parks, in case you are interested. These were some of our favorites:

Bryce: Peek-a-boo

Zion: Angel's Landing

Grand Staircase: Zebra

Grand Staircase: Devil's Garden

Hiking, Scrambling in the Devil's Garden, Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah

nice devil's garden scene with person.jpg

Grand Staircase: Natural Bridge

Hiking to Natural Bridge, Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah

Hiking to Natural Bridge, Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah

Escalante Natural Bridge is a 4.4 mile (7 km) out and back trail near Escalante, Utah. Most of the trail is flat and sandy, and there are five shallow river ...
youtu.be
youtu.be
natural bridge thumbnail.jpg

Grand Staircase, Peek-a-boo & Spooky slot canyons:

different dead tree peekaboo canyon wider without bird.jpg

They are also on my YouTube channel, Go Beautiful Planet.

In Zion, have you done the hike from Zion canyon up the West Rim Trail to the top? I did a round trip, camped up on the top. Down to the bottom of the canyon and back. Uphill all the way, not level anywhere. A rather tough hike, but I did it around 45 years ago.

Back then, the rules were much looser and I could set up camp anywhere. I hear they changed the rules since then and I have not been back since they did.

I have backpacked all over the high country of Zion.

Have you been to BearTrap Canyon? Nice in there.

-Don- Reno, NV

I haven’t done that one — sounds great! Another of my favorites was Observation Point. Unfortunately it was closed more than a year ago due to a rock slide (I never had the chance to film it) and it may never reopen. There’s another way to get to the lookout, but the trail itself is boring. The one that closed was amazing the whole steep way up.

I’ll make a note of Bear Trap the next time we make it out west!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom