Vintage guy with a 'vintage' RV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coot47

Thanks for the add. I'm the new owner of an '87 Winnebago Chieftan 22. The unit is in remarkably good shape for its age, however I'm in the midst of various minor issues to make it roadworks. Glad to be here!20210323_210831.jpg20210323_210623.jpg20210323_210436.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

That rig looks in really great condition for its age, good luck with getting it back up and running.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels.

Not a bad little rig... as a confirmed bachelor (someone who's never made the same mistake once), I'm looking at RVs, though I must admit I'm generally looking for something a bit larger, but I like the interior in that rig of yours. It's more like a boat, simple yet functional, ya know? And THAT is precisely what I want, IF I wind up buying an RV. But I also want room, and driving a larger rig doesn't bother me, not after draggin' 53' wagons all over the Lower 48 (and several southern Canadian provinces).

Meh, like one hand here already said, it's all about the journey, not the destination, though I'd rather wind up in some primo state or national park, maybe some choice BLM land, instead of Compton, North Philly or the Lower Bronx (South Bronx to locals, they don't like the "lower" bit, lol). Don't ask me how I know this... all I can tell ya is that if you're going into those sh!tholes, an armored vehicle with weaponry is the best option, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn... sometimes I slay myself. Don't forget yer Kevlar!!! CHEERS!!!

Last edited:
Thanks! Good luck in finding your wheels. I've retired from pulling 53's around the country, which is precisely why I went for the smallest I could find, lol! Just me and the cat now, so this will work well for me. Aside from a small prob with the dash heater, everything works, including the onboard genny. Has a tow hitch so I can haul around the small tanker trailer to feed that 454 with gas ;-). Good luck and thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom