Vintage pop up trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ragove

When I was a kid (1950s) my dad fixed up, and we camped in, a 1920-30 era pop-up called a "Gilkey? (or maybe Gilky) that had belong to his father.  It originally had wooden spoke wheels (which gives you an idea of its age), but my dad replaced the axle and wheels with something more contemporary and he re-canvassed it.  It had a metal box and two slide-out double beds and a built-in icebox at the front end.  Both my mother and father are deceased so I can't get any more information about the trailer. I have looked on the Internet but can not discover any information about such a trailer and I have yet to find a photo of it in my parents? photo-collection.  I was wondering if any  of the old timers in the forum have heard of a Gilkey and can point me to a source of information?  Thanks!

Mayb e this will help jar someones memory.  There is an RV museum, I thiknk in California, that has a listing of all Rv history units.  Perhaps someone will recall where that is or the addy for it. AI'm sure if you contact them, you would be able to find info on it.  I remember a documentary antique Rvs about 1 and 1/2 yr ago and can't remember where it was.  Sorry best I xcan do.

Thanks!!  The  RV Heritage Museum listed a "Gilkie" trailer.  now that I have the correct spelling, Google is doing it's thing. ;D

Thanks Carl  Now that you mention it, I do recall Elkhart now. Dang memory these days is terrible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom