Vinyl repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rosco

I bought a used 2005 Starcraft 2407 last weekend and have a few questions. There is a small 1" long section worn through on the vinal type top just above the metal bars at the bed end. Does anyone have experience repairing such damage and what sort of products seem to work best. I was thinking of trying one of the gel typer products that say they fuse the material back together. Also what exactly is the material in this section of the top. Other than that the unit looks to be in good conditon and If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should look at with regards to preventive repairs on this model it would be greatly appreciated. Also I did not get an Owners manual with the trailer and was wondering where I might be able to find one online.

I had a similar problem and cut some of the vinyl from the pole bag (perfect color match) and used the vinyl glue to slightly over cover the tear from the outside (to maintain waterproof status) and to cover the tear on the inside.  It sounds like it might be a point for pressure and sometimes there's a little fighting the poles to get the in the right place, so I would want to shore it up with vinyl and not just goop or glue.  Hope this helps!

I have seen professionals do this type of work. Most of the time you cannot tell where it was done. You can try local RV dealers to see if they know of such an outfit. If they sell popups they probably do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom