Visible Wireless Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuckbear

I just started using the service and so far so good...

I would like to hear from others about how they are finding the service to work?
What equipment are you using in your RV with the Visible?
What kind of coverage are you getting?
What devices are you running with Visible?
How are you finding the Visible to work with Streaming?
Any other details you would like to pass on?

Only looking for feedback from current users please. Chuck

Hi Chuck. We are using a Visible chip in our Verizon Hotspot - been solid, in our current location for over 3 weeks. Consistent 5Mb/s and sometimes up to 10. Streaming of Youtube, CBS, Amazon, Hulu are all good with very minor hiccups very infrequently. My wife does quite a few Zoom meetings a week as well, no issures there either. I have the hotspot connected (tethered) to a router and use that wifi network for 2 phones, 2 laptops and a printer. Again no issues. The router has wired ports as well, just don't use them at this time. The only thing that has been a bit weird is when I disconnect the shore power cable and the system goes down, Have to restart the hotspot. - Looking to set the whole system up on 12VDC to alleviate that issue.
We use it only for data (internet service) no voice - not going to switch away from our Verizon plans for a few reasons. I doubt, very much, that Visible will work where our S&B house is, on the Canadian border. Our phones roam over there frequently. Maybe with a directional external antenna - not sure. Will be looking at that in a couple weeks when we return home.
Was no problem getting in on the Visible Party Pay deal and service is now $25/mo. for unlimited data. I might be violating their user agreement, but it's iffy.

We've been using visible for some time. We were able to do the Party Pay just after they interduced it.
We have 4 phones in it.
Two our personal cells, one for my MIL and one for all our internet and entertainment after getting rid of Sat service (which my MIL does as well).
It runs off Verizon systems.
Work pretty good, definitely for what we pay.

We're using our Visible data service with our main TV, Dish Hopper w/Sling, two FireTVsticks, two laptops, two cell phones, and two tablets. Our Visible SIM is in a Novatel Verizon 7730L Jetpack that supports fifteen connected devices and is connected to one of two MIMO antenna sets. So far in our travels up and down the east coast and currently in Florida, we haven't found any place where we didn't have at least some service. Sometimes it's been marginal for streaming in the weaker signal areas not surprisingly. We do have an alternate service for those times though. Connecting to our directional MIMO antenna pair and peaking the signal helps quite a bit. We've used over 150 GB a month on a number of occasions with no complaints from Visible.

We've been in a Visible "Party Pay" party almost since they introduced the feature, and have never paid more than $25/mo. since joining. Early on we lost a couple of party members, but they were quickly replaced within hours. I can't speak to the Visible customer service since I've never needed it. All in all we've been very pleased with our Visible service and have no intentions of dropping it any time soon.

The only downside I've found with Visible is that a lot of phones aren't compatible. So, I purchased one of their Moto G Power phones at a low price which is a powerful device with lots of features. I stream videos and TV series from Amazon, YouTube, CW, and Pluto on my Amazon Fire Stick. I even use it to make phone calls ;) and text. Great value.

I have read that others have had their mifi devices stop working and their Visible sim do the same at the end of a billing cycle since apparently Visible detected it not being in a phone. Apparently, you guys have been doing this for a while? I have considered putting the SIM in an 815S that I have to see how it works. Chuck

I first put my Visible SIM in a Verizon 6620L Jetpack about 8 months ago, and switched it to the 7730L last fall. If Visible wants to shut me down for only using one of the three services I'm paying for, so be it. I'll just open a new account in my wife's name and go back to using a phone and router to achieve similar results.

Been with visible for about a year now. I dropped dish network at home and on the road. Stream with roku's now. We use 100 -150 gb a month.

My service at home can get a little iffy at times.

I just added a mimo antenna on our trip in Florida at present time and it picked up an already good signal to a bit better.

I was thinking of starting a thread on a forum party pay as it would probably be more stable with members not dropping out

Dutch, Good to know it's been working for you for a while now. I haven't had any luck with the mimo antenna. When I connect it to the 815S I get a worse signal strength no matter what direction it's pointed. Bob, we have been in a 4 person party for over a month and so far it has been stable. But with Visible's new party plans it looks like you can have as many as you want. You still only get down to $25.00 a month but it helps with anyone dropping out. Chuck

Coverage is the same as Verizon, except where it isn't. In a few areas Verizon uses third party towers and Visible doesn' work there. Compare the Visible and Verizon coverage maps and you'll see where this is the case.

Last edited:
I haven't found the big red map to be something you can accurately expect coverage. It seems to be more of a marketing tool. I prefer first-hand input. Chuck

I agree. I joined a 4 member party before they changed the limit. There is a very active Party thread on Reddit and you will get accepted almost immediately. Some Party's have gotten really large. Chuck

Just realized that Visible is not using Verizon's infrastructure beyond the towers. Realized that my laptop was not doing location for Google Maps - found me in KS somewhere, not SC, where I am. Wife complained about her laptop time being one hour off - network time set to Central not Eatern, where we are. Not a huge deal, just interesting.

Hmmm, I don't find this same problem. The towers we use are right here and that's where the computer gets an internet connection. Our location is always where we are. And the computer time has never changed no matter what we are connected to. It sounds like your date and time settings have somehow gotten changed. We have been using Visible at home for a month now with no problems. Our AT&T which is the Car Connect Plan is hit and miss at home so we have the Visible as a supplement. We will carry both on the road too for areas that one will work better than the other. Chuck

Our phones are fine, PCs connect to the router to hotspot w/Visible. Towers are nearby -they are routing traffic to some other location than Verizon facilitities. In other words, Verizon is taking the Visible network traffic and routinging it off. Time settings are correct for network time. We can change that to manual and set to Eastern, no problem. Next week will tell the story, when we start traveling again.

We have been using the Visible service for a month now alongside a Verizon Mifi with a real unlimited plan that the wife uses for working at home, provided by her employer. The Visible actually has a higher speed than the Verizon service when run through the Ookla speed test. It remains consistently higher no matter what time of the day we run it or what day. Our AT&T plan is all but useless here at our homebase. Chuck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom