Visible Wireless Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, we are sitting in southern Mass, about to leave for the Cape. This morning I did extensive testing using the Visible chip; Alone in my Google Pixel 4xl - download data speeds reached 100Mbps on LTE + 4G+ Verizon cell site that was nearby. Tethered my WIN10 laptop to my Google Pixel and data downloads were 5-6 Mbs. Put the Visible chip back in my MiFi 7700 Jetpack - tethered my laptopp to the MiFi and got the same 5-6 Mbs. Tethered my little router (GL.iNet GL-AR750S-Ext) - connected to the Wifi and got the same 5-6 Mbs. Turned on the MiFi Wifi and with both phone and laptop got the same 5 Mbs. Going to do more research how that data limit works.
Another setting I found on the Jetpack config was to enable GPS over WiFi for loacation. That solved my Google Maps "current loaction" stuff. Where I was getting some location out in the midwest, it is now accurate.
Thanks for the testing. Visible does throttle hotspot bandwidth. When I was evaluating the service, looking to set up cell phone wifi for the the house, they 'neglected' to set the throttles. I.E. I was seeing LTE speeds through the hotspot. Fast forward a couple months. I'd spent for a celfi GO X ($1000) because it is the only way for me to get data strength coverage at the house. They engage the throttles. 5Mbs is good for browsing and overnight DLs and low resolution movies. Fortunately we have a couple of cellphones in the house and 5 + 5 isn't great but at least it's out of the hateful range. I'm looking forward to the next round of competition from 5G, maybe we'll see some relief. On the other hand, $4T of government spending on consumables with more on the way isn't encouraging.

But that speed does not carry over to hotspot use?
I seem to recall seeing an announcement that said hotspot and tethering were included, but I'll have to do some digging to verify that.

On edit: I'm not seeing anything so far that indicates anything other than the same 5 Mbps speed limit as 4G on 5G. That would make springing for a 5G capable phone a poor choice at this point if hotspot data use is your primary goal. On the other hand, there is some usefulness to be had for 5G on phone data such as streaming movies, etc., and casting to your TV.

Last edited:
So, what the best way to do this? I tried tethering my jetpack 815L to a computer Saturday. It didn't work. I tried tethering my iPhone 8 as well. It didn't work either.

Another method: in order to put the visible sim in the jetpack do I need to first enable it in a phone and then switch it over? Will it work in an 815L?

Once I do that can I just put my regular SIM back in my IPhone?

is it that simple?
This worked well for me but am limited to the 5Mbps hotspot use. Is there a way to 'pass-thru' the 8800L to a router that will assign addresses to take advantage of the un-throttled speeds? I want to use the 8800L because I am connecting it to a MIMO antenna on the roof. TIA

Keep in mind Visible is cell phone provider that allows incidental hotspot usage from a phone. Moving their SIM into a different device like a router is an abuse of the service and probably a violation of their Terms of Service.

Keep in mind Visible is cell phone provider that allows incidental hotspot usage from a phone. Moving their SIM into a different device like a router is an abuse of the service and probably a violation of their Terms of Service.
Any way to use the MIMO antenna directly to a phone? Increased service coverage is really the aim.

Antenna height is king when it comes to extending coverage. There are a number of cellular boosters that use roof mounted antennas feeding a short range inside antenna or a phone cradle to minimize feedback as they amplify the signals.

Here's one example:

Height is king when it comes to extending coverage. There are a number of cellular boosters that use roof mounted antennas feeding a short range inside antenna or a phone cradle to minimize feedback as they amplify the signals.
TY. I have one of these on order. Hopefully it will work as advertised.

Visible does offer 5G service now, with a suitable phone of course. The 5G speed is limited to 200 Mbps...
You are correct Dutch - Visible hotspot data rates to 200 Mbps on the 5G network - they say absolutely nothing about tethering.

There's nothing in their TOS that limits hotspot use to "incidental". And with ~2 years of hotspot only use, Visible has apparently been quite content to take my $25 each month while I use just one of the three unlimited services they include in my subscription. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom