Visit to Quartzsite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motojavaphil

Made the journey to Yuma with a stop in Quartzsite for Thanksgiving Dinner at a local Mexican Cafe.  Excellent food and great company all at a great price.  I think the terrain has to grow on you but it is made up for by the people.  Carol is fired up over the Flea Markets although it will be some time before we can partake.  We got back to Cedar Crest this Sunday and the traffic was not too bad.  We really liked Yuma, very energetic town and growing.  Seemed very RV friendly.  The temperature in Yuma stayed around 80+ during the day and getting back here we are expecting snow as I write this!  One of my passions, roller skating, can be met in Yuma.  They have bicycle trails and a hockey rink.  The roller rink closed down this past summer which is unfortunate.  All in all it was a great trip and since it was our first time to go to the Yuma area, I think we have a find!  Working in a High School I was amused that the Yuma Territorial Prison was used as a High School from 1911 till 1914.  Progressive Education at its best.  Pity the poor kid stuck in In School Suspension!  Phil

There are quite a few forum members here in Yuma, some for a few months (like us), some for the winter, and others that have taken up residence here.  It's a very popular snowbird destination, and growing way too fast.

motojavaphil said:
I think we have a find!  Working in a High School I was amused that the Yuma Territorial Prison was used as a High School from 1911 till 1914.  Progressive Education at its best.  Pity the poor kid stuck in In School Suspension!

Phil

The school's athletic teams are called the Criminals ;D

I had to laugh when I heard about the "Crims" or criminals.  I agree the building is going up too fast but that is the day and age we live in.  I think Yuma will be our winter residence and then find me in the summer!  Phil 

Back
Top Bottom