Visiting Acadia National Park in Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We stayed at the Narrows Too RV park, which is great, about a half hour from Acadia National Park, one of the best national parks in the US. Here is the link to my video on various points of interest:

Picture taken from atop Cadillac Mountain looking north.

Attachments

• Acadia National Park  .jpg
    Acadia National Park .jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 11
Remember, Tom, that's in the east, where molehills are mountains... :rolleyes: :D
i know that, I just love to tweak the locals. Once I was on a ranger led hike in Smokey Mts NP and the ranger stopped the group and pointed out a tree that was over 100 feet tall that she said was a tall tree. I laughed and said "in California that only rates a small shrub."

There are shuttles from Acadia Natiional Park to the town of Bar Harbor and slso shuttles to many of the hotels and campgrounds. If you can, it is worth it to stay in one of the campgrounds where you can easily catch a shuttle because parking in Bar Harbor is not easy, and this also avoids traffic in the national park. The Bar Harbor Campground. Note that it does not accept reservations or credit cards, so bring cash. (I think they also accept checks, but call and check.)

Shuttle website is here: Island Explorer Home

I was born and raised in rural Maine. I've been to the park many times. the views don't change much. Maybe more people and different ships and boats at anchor.

Attachments

• 1a Acadia National Park .jpg
    1a Acadia National Park .jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 1b Acadia National Park .jpg
    1b Acadia National Park .jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member