Visiting the California Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
After leaving Inyokern we headed to Discovery Bay to visit Tom & Chris Jones. We have had a great time and they are wonderful hosts. They took us to San Francisco and Sausalito. Even though it rained later in the afternoon we had a great tour. We have also gone to Sacramento to visit the old town which is full of touristy things to do. On our way back we stopped at the State Capitol. There was a protest going on so I guess Arnold wasn't in town. :)

Yesterday Tom took me for a ride in his bass boat. As you can see from the attached photo, Tom had a great time, too. :) It will be difficult to leave this tranquil place. You can see why by the other photo of Tom & Chris's back yard.


 

Attachments

  • Tom Jones.JPG
    Tom Jones.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Backyard Pan (Medium).jpg
    Backyard Pan (Medium).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
  • CA State Capitol.jpg
    CA State Capitol.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25

Tom

Administrator
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Posts
48,116
Neat job of the panaroma Jim, and a great photo of the capitol building. If you look closely, Arnold can be seen waving from one of the windows  :)
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
Tom said:
Neat job of the panaroma Jim, and a great photo of the capitol building. If you look closely, Arnold can be seen waving from one of the windows  :)

I'll take another look. ;D ;D

I'm not sure why these didn't come up last night on Prismiq.

 

Terry A. Brewer

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Posts
1,445
Jim

>>We have also gone to Sacramento to visit the old town which is full of touristy things to do. <<


Did you go to the Railroad museum while you were there?...it's world class.


Terry
At Yuma, AZ
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim

>>We have also gone to Sacramento to visit the old town which is full of touristy things to do. <<


Did you go to the Railroad museum while you were there?...it's world class.


Terry
At Yuma, AZ

We stopped at the museum but there were a couple of bus loads of kids there. Decided it might be better to do it another time. ;D

 

rovinsteve

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
64
Location
Madeira Beach KOA, Florida (St. Petersburg, FL)
Hi Jim & Pat,

Jodie and I are in Portland, OR until Monday when we head east to Boise, ID.  I see from the clouds around the capitol that rain is still hanging around in CA.  It followed us here to Portland too.

I bought a new carbon fiber road bike--sweet!  Any chance of seeing you in Montana later this month?

--Steve & Jodie Crouch
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
rovinsteve said:
Hi Jim & Pat,

Jodie and I are in Portland, OR until Monday when we head east to Boise, ID.  I see from the clouds around the capitol that rain is still hanging around in CA.  It followed us here to Portland too.

I bought a new carbon fiber road bike--sweet!  Any chance of seeing you in Montana later this month?

--Steve & Jodie Crouch

Hi Steve & Jodie,

We're not that far away!! We have to stick around until at least Monday. That's when Shaun hopes to install the new cabinet. He's been working on the lift mechanism. John Maguire will be coming to town today. Sure would be great to see you again. We hope to get to Salem next week!

Aren't those CF bikes really neat?? ;D ;D I have mine with me but, with all this rain, it isn't getting much use. Sure hate to see it in the rain this much! At least the frame won't rust. :)

I'm afraid we won't be making Montana this trip. We will be heading to Moab when we leave here. Then it's back to CT for my summer job.

 

rovinsteve

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
64
Location
Madeira Beach KOA, Florida (St. Petersburg, FL)
Hi Jim,
Well we missed connections again.  Jodie and I left Portland today and are spending the night in Pendleton, OR, on the way to spend some time with our son in Boise, ID, then on to Dillon.  My garden girl wants to play in the dirt again so we won't be doing Moab.  Ride a trail or two there for me!  I still remember our Poison Spider run and riding on by the park on the way back (grimace).  I did Slickrock later.

The rain has indeed been a pain.  I did manage to get 40 miles on the new bike so they could give it the free tune up before I left town though.  STI shifters spoil you in a hurry!

See you down the road.

--Steve, Jodie and Posie Cat
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
rovinsteve said:
Hi Jim,
Well we missed connections again.  Jodie and I left Portland today and are spending the night in Pendleton, OR, on the way to spend some time with our son in Boise, ID, then on to Dillon.  My garden girl wants to play in the dirt again so we won't be doing Moab.  Ride a trail or two there for me!  I still remember our Poison Spider run and riding on by the park on the way back (grimace).  I did Slickrock later.

The rain has indeed been a pain.  I did manage to get 40 miles on the new bike so they could give it the free tune up before I left town though.  STI shifters spoil you in a hurry!

See you down the road.

--Steve, Jodie and Posie Cat

Really sorry we missed you! We will probably be in Salem to visit relatives and friends on Wednesday. Hope to spend a little time in the area before heading to Moab. Sure wish you were going.

You had me really worried when you rode past the campground! :) I hadn't seen you go by and thought you might have had a problem. Sure doesn't pay to zone out too much. ;D

Yes, STI will spoil you really fast and you'll never go back!!!

 

rovinsteve

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
64
Location
Madeira Beach KOA, Florida (St. Petersburg, FL)
Hi Jim,

Well, if you are heading east through Boise or SW Montana, drop by!  Sure hope Salem got sunny again.  We were getting another case of the winter blues again after our wet winter in California and Oregon too.  The drive east is mostly sunny so far though so we are pretty perky.

We are overnighting in a new RV park in Caldwell, ID called Ambassador.  Kind of nice but surrounded by farms.  Good Wi Fi service though both here in the park and from the nearby Flying J truck stop.

Look me up via www.findu.com, select the first option, type in my call sign, NO7V, and you will get a map of our location courtesy of amateur radio's Automatic Position Reporting System (APRS).  Have a great trip east!

--Steve, Jodie, and Posie Cat
 

rovinsteve

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
64
Location
Madeira Beach KOA, Florida (St. Petersburg, FL)
Hi Jim,

Well, if you are heading east through Boise or SW Montana, drop by!  Sure hope Salem got sunny again.  We were getting another case of the winter blues again after our wet winter in California and Oregon too.  The drive east is mostly sunny so far though so we are pretty perky.

We are overnighting in a new RV park in Caldwell, ID called Ambassador.  Kind of nice but surrounded by farms.  Good Wi Fi service though both here in the park and from the nearby Flying J truck stop.

Look me up via www.findu.com, select the first option, type in my call sign, NO7V, and you will get a map of our location courtesy of amateur radio's Automatic Position Reporting System (APRS).  Have a great trip east!

--Steve, Jodie, and Posie Cat
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
Hi Steve,

Wish we could make it further north but can't do it this year. I'm already late getting back to CT. :) I'll have to keep track of your travels. ;)

 

rovinsteve

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Posts
64
Location
Madeira Beach KOA, Florida (St. Petersburg, FL)
Jim,
Oh well, maybe we will do Florida next  winter if the diesel prices aren't outrageous.

We overnighted in Caldwell, ID, on the way to Boise and predictions are for 40mph wind gusts and snow this evening.  A whole winter without wearing my shorts--sigh!  It will be good to see our son anyway.

Regards,
 
--Steve
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
rovinsteve said:
Jim,
Oh well, maybe we will do Florida next  winter if the diesel prices aren't outrageous.

We overnighted in Caldwell, ID, on the way to Boise and predictions are for 40mph wind gusts and snow this evening.  A whole winter without wearing my shorts--sigh!  It will be good to see our son anyway.

Regards,
 
--Steve

I think you left too early! :) We were in Salem today. Very cool but not much rain. Hope you can make FL next winter. Would be neat to ride again!



 

NC DaveD

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Posts
53
Location
Sandhills Region of North Carolina
Helaine, if you haven't had the pleasure of seeing the pictures he carries with him, you are in for a treat the next time your paths cross! Dick indeed does have a good eye (and a LOT of patience).

David D.
 

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Posts
18,082
Location
Home is where we park it
Helaine & Wally said:
David D.
We have seen many of his pictures over the last few years. And we have seen him at his best. Ask him to tell you of the Christmas picture he took of the whole gang at Brenda a few years back.
Helaine

Why don't you just relate the story as seen from your perspective. ;D ;D  I have heard the story but am sure others would enjoy reading it too. ;D
 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
NC DaveD said:
Helaine, if you haven't had the pleasure of seeing the pictures he carries with him, you are in for a treat the next time your paths cross! Dick indeed does have a good eye (and a LOT of patience).

David D.

Hi Dave,

You're too kind. My eye isn't as good as the camera. ;D ;D It's funny because when I was younger I applied for the New York School of Photography thinking I might enjoy that as a hobby or career. During my interview I showed the salesman a few shots I had taken. He suggested I try another field of endeavour. :) :)

I do enjoy taking pictures especially when they come out half way decent. It's much more fuin with digital because you can take as many as you want and it won't cost any more. ;D

 

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Posts
7,651
Location
Titusville, FL
Helaine & Wally said:
David D.
We have seen many of his pictures over the last few years. And we have seen him at his best. Ask him to tell you of the Christmas picture he took of the whole gang at Brenda a few years back.
Helaine

I guess that's a classic that won't go away. ;D ;D

 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
116,535
Posts
1,166,012
Members
120,544
Latest member
coltonlehner
Top Bottom