VMSpc questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rex:

Different maufacturer but National had my plug stuffed up under the top of my front left trim under the instrument panel.

Rex

I just looked at mine again - it's right there on the left side of the steering wheel, almost flush with the bottom of the dash. I know that I missed it when I was getting ready to run the wires to the VMSpc box. When I finally saw it, I realized I'd been looking right at it and hadn't seen it. It's turned 90 degrees from the one in the street-side bay. i.e. the one under the dash is facing right at me, whereas the one outside is facing down. They're both the big round plug with a srew-on cap.

Tom said:
I just noticed the option for an odometer gauge in VMSpc, so this is the first time I've looked at it. Anyone have any idea why the software would be reporting 2,000+ miles higher than the odometer on the coach?

Anyone using VMSpc with the Cummins ISC engine - do the HP and Torque gauges read anything? (They're both derived values).

On a prior version of VMSpc I was able to create a custom gauge, inputting the PID number manually. That option seems to have been replaced with a PID sniffer tool. Anyone know how to input your own PID number into a gauge? The fact that there's a 'Sniff again' option suggests the sniffer might not be able to see all the available/outputted parameters.

I recently upgraded from v2.2 beta to v2.2 released.

Tom,

What is PID ?

Thanks!

PID = parameter identifier (identification). Each parameter outputted by the ECM has a unique identification number.

Tom,

I have a 2006 Diplomat with a Cummins ISL; just now buying.

Is the coach likely to have two multi-pin connectors for data, one on engine and one on trans?

Trying to sort out the basics.  The build sheet from Monaco does say the coach has an Aladdin Jr. system.

I like the idea of using a netbook for my display.  For my situation which VMS models would make sense?

The engine and transmission share a common data bus so there will be one connector.  To use a netbook, you would need the VMSpc.  The other VMS models are standalone and don't need a computer to function.

Our Monaco Camelot has only one diagnostic connector, located to the left of the steering wheel, but we don't have the Aladdin system. Take a peek at their web site for their various solutions. They have newer VMSpc options since I installed ours. Martin, the owner, is technically very competent and very responsive, both on their forums and via email.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom