W22 Rear Axle Seal Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drisley

My W22 is now leaking fluid out the rear driver side axle seal. Looks like a hard plastic seal and it?s just coming out. Can?t tell speed of leak, but can see dirty hub after a drive. We?re currently on the return leg of a long trip (close to 7k miles in 2.5 months). So, I guess this much use surfaces some things. Hasn?t been leaking log, but noticed it perhaps 800 miles ago.

Question is...

Is this a big enough deal that I have to fix on the go? It?s obviously much easier to deal with it at home. I probably have another 1400 miles to get home. I?m currently in Texas and heading back to Florida.

How hard would it be to top off fluid through the differential? Necessary? Like I said, the leak doesn?t seem too fast. Doesn?t leak just sitting still, but under way, I can see the streaks.

Easy to top off.. Especially if your ride is a Damon.. (Lots of ground clerarance easy to crawl under and pull the filler pulg)

I tried to do it myself but not being expert on that job wound up paying for 1 hr labor at a shop. it's a one hour type job.. Turns out it was a good idea as he had to do some "Cleaning" on the surface.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom