Walex port-a-pack ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

MSDS = Material Safety Data Sheet

I looked up the MSDS of this RV toilet additive Walex Port-A-Pack here

https://store.keystonervcenter.com/keystone/include/retrieve_file.php?type=msds&fileid=1415

I am also adding Super Tech (walmart) windshield washer fluid to my sinks and toilet to help keep the RV drains from freezing.

Here is that MSDS

https://www.onboces.org/cms/lib/NY02216875/Centricity/Shared/MSDS%20N_List/NAPA%20Windshield%20Wash%20Fluid%20-%2020F.pdf

Does anyone see any chemical conflicts?

Better off using RV antifreeze in the traps. Lesa prone to evaporation. I wouldn't think windshield washer fluid would be good for a septic system, but in small amounts it probably wouldn't be detrimental. The deodorant probably isn't necessary either if you use enough water, and flush the tank good after dumping.

I would go with pink in the drains as well and forget the chemical black tank additive.. Those products are LITERALLY flushing money down the toilet. that's all they accomplish. flushing money down the toilet.

The packs are only a waste IMO if you are on the road and/or otherwize dump your tank every couple of days.  I only dump mine 1x a week, so that 7 day period is long enough for the chemicals to work and help eat up the stuff and clean my sensors.  When my dump is done, I then poor two gal jugs of water down the toilet to make sure it is rinsed out well.  Then close the valve, add two drop-ins and add 2 gal of water, ready to go for another 7 days.

We have a 50 gallon black tank. There are two of us, and we dump every 7-9 days. Never used chemicals and never needed them to control odor EXCEPT in hot weather in humid states. Then we use a deodorizer as needed. Of course the best solution is to stay where it is cooler and drier!

Back
Top Bottom