Walkie Talkies w/ GPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elm_tx

Hey Y'all,

I've been posting over on the 5er board, we are new to this and have a ton of questions. I really do appreciate everyones feedback, it's been great!!!

One of the things we'd like to do is find campsites with fishing and hiking. With that said, we need to get a couple of walkie talkie's to help park our 36' 5er. Does anyone know if a walkie talkie is made that also has gps built into it? I just think it would be cool to have something like that so that we could pin point the rv and then go walking in the woods. Should we get turned around, it would be nice to have something like that to help guide us back.

I know cell phones are coming out with gps and roads loaded into them. But I'm not sure about a gps that would work off road.
Thanks,
Eddie

Check here http://www.ultimatefrs.com/frs_gps.html for information on FRS radios with GPS builtin.  It appears that Garmin makes most of the current ones.

Eddie,

But I'm not sure about a gps that would work off road.
That's the beauty of GPS - It doesn't know roads from toads, and doesn't care. You set your point of origin as a waypoint, and no matter where you hike, it will get you back there by following the 'breadcrumb' trail you left in the unit as you traveled. Of course you could always tell it to show you the straight-line path back, but that may have you crossing a gorge where there ain't no bridge! ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom