Wall slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olly72

Well friends when problems start they continue. I asked about my wall slide on my 2008 Itasca Sunrise not moving either in or out. Thank you all for your responses as it turned out to be a broken wire. We did have a new controller put on just for a backup. When we drove off I didn't noticed that the bottom portion of the slide didn't completely close by about an inch. The top portion does close completely. We can't wait another 2 or 3 weeks for an appointment. Does anyone have a suggestion to adjust the slide. Thanks again for your time in the struggle.

The question here is "Why". The adjustment didn't just change itself, so something happened. It may be that an adjustment of the mechanism to compensate is needed, but more likely something is out of kilter and preventing that last inch of movement.

Some questions: Full wall slide or something smaller? Hydraulic or rack & pinion gears? Flat floor slide or raised? All those have some bearing on any advice we might give.

Adjusting a slide isn't mechanically difficult but getting the right adjustment is often challenging. The good news is you can use the RV - the bottom sticking out an extra inch is not a big deal.

The question here is "Why". The adjustment didn't just change itself, so something happened. It may be that an adjustment of the mechanism to compensate is needed, but more likely something is out of kilter and preventing that last inch of movement.

Some questions: Full wall slide or something smaller? Hydraulic or rack & pinion gears? Flat floor slide or raised? All those have some bearing on any advice we might give.

Adjusting a slide isn't mechanically difficult but getting the right adjustment is often challenging. The good news is you can use the RV - the bottom sticking out an extra inch is not a big deal.

Thanks Gary. It is a full wall slide that is electric, rack and pinion, flat floor. The adjustment may have been changed by me manually opening and closing it a couple of times. The good news is a neighbor next to my campsite showed me how to adjust this old power gear operated slide. You open it completely. Then bring it in about 10-12 inches and open it again 3 or 4 times. Now it is almost perfect alignment again. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Love it when a plan comes together. Thanks for filling us in with the fix. Hopefully it will help others down the road so to speak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom