Wally Satellite Receiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronthet

I just became a member today. Sorry if not in right place. I have a question about dish Wally reciver and dish playmaker. I am having to run through setup each time i stop watching tv. I can watch for 2 hours comeback in three and turn tv on and it goes through setup of what state find sats,etc. Does anyone else have this type of issue with the portable auto find sat dish. I have a vip 211z I put in place of wally and it works fine. I would much rather use the wally. Some of the tech guys at dish thinks it is working properly, that is should go through the setup. I understand if i change location it will but I am not changing location. if no one else is having issue I assume the wally is bad and I would need to replace.

We have a Traveler roof mount antenna, not a portable. When we turn our receiver off, the next time we turn it on it has to do the whole search then download channels again. As Dan said, leave the receiver on if you are connected to power. We turn ours off when off the grid because it is a power hog, but we have to plan on the 10-15 minutes it takes to get fully operational with a guide downloaded.

We have the Wally and as long as you do not turn off the receiver it comes right up and does not have to find its self.

Back
Top Bottom