Walmart sued over parking lot fire death.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as there are over the road truckers there will be places to sleep.

Sure, any municipality can make ordinances against sleeping in a vehicle but then it will be like my ditzy buddy.

He got back from a business trip and his car was "missing" then he remembered he was late so did curbside check in and left the vehicle on the driveway running. It got towed and he was fined.

The tow and fine was cheaper than 3 weeks in the long term lot - He vowed to do it that way every time - 🤣

The fine for sleeping in an RV on the side of the road will be cheaper than a stay in an RV park - especially if you average the times you don't get caught - 😉

A favor to ask....Will you please not park next to me in a Walmart parking lot, ever? I'm not a magnet. I'm friendly but i don't want to know you unless its by chance. Parking next to me doesn't qualify as chance. Just back the hell off.

Cully, I have never had anyone want to talk to me in a Walmart parking lot except a panhandler or two. Perhaps it is because we only Go outside our rig if we need something from the toad. Otherwise the blinds are pulled and the door shut.

Last edited:
Cully, I have never had anyone want to talk to me in. Walmart parking lot except a panhandler or two. Perhaps it is because we only Go outside our rig if we need something from the toad. Otherwise the blinds are pulled and the door shut.
UTT, I was talking loosely not directly. Just boggles my mind when someone wants to share the same physical area when there is 5 acres of black top at the ready. Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned some folks feel justified to stay for free at WM because they dropped 30-40 bucks there. I feel justified because at this point some WM's are okay with RV's staying there. On my recent trip to Idaho I stopped at the same WM my way and on my way back. I dropped 130 and 150 on those two stays. Would I spend that money if I wasn't staying there? Not a chance.

Ahh, I see now Cully. The reason some park close may be because that’s where they were told to park by staff. Another reason might be to find the most level spot or the spot they can put their slides out without encroaching on a drive way. I know I search for flat spots since many lots are steeply sloped for run off (or just cheap dirt work during construction!).

I know people get warped over the "No Overnight Parking" signs. But sometimes, they don't mean what you think they mean. SOMETIMES, not always, they mean "Don't leave your vehicles parked overnight or for weeks at a time in the parking lot". One of towns I used to live in had their parking lots plastered with "No Overnight Parking" signs. About once every 60 days, a tow truck rolled in and hauled all the "for sale" vehicles away. Took about 5 years for people to stop leaving their "for sale" vehicles in the parking lot. When they started towing the cars, one car had been parked "overnight" for 3 years. With a for sale sign in it. They thought it had been abandoned. Yet any RV could stay over night WITH PERMISSION. The last "No Overnight Parking" posted lot I stayed in allowed it. I parked in front of one of the stores in the strip mall and asked the store that was still open if we could park overnight in front of their store (it was a DollarTree). They said sure, no problem and said people stayed overnight in the parking lot all the time. Only reason we stayed there was because the Cracker Barrel that we ate supper and breakfast at didn't allow overnight stays. We counted 5 police cars roll thru the parking lot before we turned in for the night. Apparently the parking lot was a short cut to another road. Also the street light we parked under powered the solar panel and charged the batteries all night. I do like what the sign said that we were parked next to. When we woke up the next morning, we walked the dog past 3 semi-trucks, 2 of which had trailers attached to them. ONS in TN.jpg

The days of overnighting in a corporate parking lot are likely drawing to a close. Just too many stupid people doing too many stupid things.....with the expected results.

If you're rolling through town and just need a free place to catch a few hours in the rack, PM me. I'll even run a cord out to the street and fill your fresh water tank. Quiet neighborhood, nobody will bother you. Well, the cat may stare at you a time or two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom