Wanna play motorhome shopper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While there simulate doing the things that you will do if you travel in it, and anything that has both of you doing something at the same time should be simulated in that same way. And remember where the dogs would be as well.
That's the plan, and why we're going Saturday so we'll both have plenty of time. We wouldn't know how to work in a kitchen without stepping over at least 8 legs and 2 tails :)
And when you hire an inspector, realize that a good inspection will take 3 or 4 hours at least, will include an oil analysis on both engine & transmission and it will not be cheap. The best inspections cost between $300 & $500 for a motorized RV. You may want to print out this downloadable checklist and go over it to get some ideas.
The more thorough, the better! We know what we don't know, so I want an expert looking. Though that checklist is great and will be used.

Addictive, isn't it? Everyone looks at something different. For me, the beds that crumple/fold up and block the bathroom door are a deal killer. And I want a living area slide.
It is fine to look at different things, but just make sure you are looking at the right things. A few years ago I was wasting time while in Houston on spring day, and was browsing the consignment lot at PPL. There I saw a retirement age couple shopping for what I assume was their first motorhome, they were debating between two class C's that were parked next to each other, both about 5-6 years old, but that is where the similarities ended, one was a gas coach on a Ford E350 van chassis, the other was a diesel on a pickup truck chassis (I want to say Dodge, but it might have been GM), there was about a $15,000 price difference in the two coaches, and while both were about the same length the floor plans were very different.

The wife was basing her pick on the one she liked the curtains in better. Curtains, furniture, etc can be changed, and you can do a lot of changes for that $15,000 price difference.

Its got a bathroom sink and a kitchen sink, whats the issue? EDIT: no double kitchen sink? I got one now and wished it didn't, but everyone is different, single sink works fine for me, my WBO MH had a single sink

Stove is easily fixable. I am yet to figure out the need for three or four burners on a stove, so long as the two that are there have the BTUs required to cook on. The microwave is a convection combo which mostly makes up for lack of a gas oven (which many people do not use anyhow). A good workaround it the Omnia Oven which goes on a stove burner. It does work. I watch one travel/RV channel were it is used in almost every video.

7 new tires. Depending on what was installed, thats a lot of money.

The Class A vs Class C arguments can go all day long. I prefer the cab with its safety features that are properly engineered, tested and certified to federal standards, and I also prefer the cab doors, vs an A where you only have the coach door.

Fiberglass roof, very good. Aluminum floor structure, very good, with fiberglass underneath, again good (my WBO had aluminum sheet underneath and it was experiencing some corrosion)

44 gal fresh water PLUS the 6 gal water heater (brochure is clear about this detail) 40 lbs of propane. 15K BTU HEAT PUMP and Onan 4.0 Generator.

RUN THE GENERATOR EXTENSIVELY, WITH A/C. probably has carb problems from sitting/gummed up.

Its been under shelter it appears, that is good.

ORIGINAL SALES BROCHURE https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/13_Lexington.pdf

Charles

My question is what are you using it for. Just weekends or extended periods? May be fine for a night or two much to small for much more. We had 3 boxers we would put in the garage of the toy hauler with everything else and it was cramped

Reporting back after seeing this unit. The floorplan is minimalistic, but could work for us. All the improvements they've done will keep this one on the radar. But I do have some concerns. They've only had it 3 years. Before that, it most likely wasn't nearly as well kept. It did have a small leak in a corner of the bedroom slide. That's repaired, slide seals replaced, and the roof re-caulked. But ...

We'll keep looking. There's a major RV show in Dallas the end of September that should give us the chance to take our time seeing different floorplans together. We can't do anything more than long weekends until after I retire, so we have time. But yeah, I wanna hit the road NOW :)

Its good that you have a starting point to help decide what is right for you. Just remember your preconceived ideas of what you want and how you will use an RV may not match what you later learn is the reality for both.

Its good that you have a starting point to help decide what is right for you. Just remember your preconceived ideas of what you want and how you will use an RV may not match what you later learn is the reality for both.
I expect that. I also expect our patterns to change. We'll probably start out "go and see" with a lot of moving from place to place. As we get older and check off our "tourist" list, it will be more "go and stay".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom