Want to go gold panning in North Carolina or there abouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Big

Would like to know where is the best place to take a 33 ft. rig to go gold panning in North Carolina with the grand kids. (not miles on & miles on back roads) Could anybody help me with a place and a route? Would be greatly appreciated.                Thanks, Mr. & Mrs. Big

Great suggestion (I have driven past it) However there is a small problem.. Several military types might tend to detain you should you pan for gold there.

Google shows several gold mines in both North and South Carolina.  South Carolina, so long as you stay out of the montains, is below the "Winterized line" (That is, Where I park for the winter).

Beats the other methods of winterizing.

I've heard around Dalonega Georgia is a good place for panning.

Franklin, NC seems to be the area for goldl and gem mining; have been several times. There are excellent cg's in Maggie Valley and near Franklin that will accommodate you. Also, Dolonega, GA is that's state's center for gold mining. While there are several good campgrounds in the area, we usually stay at one of the state parks near there...lots to do even when you are not panning for gold!

See if you can locate gold miners clubs in the area. Some allow for guest visits and have their own camping in many cases.

I've had a lot of fun prospecting in the southwest and have even had some exciting finds. Don't overlook gem stones and related mineral specimines as they can be educational as well as fun to collect.

http://www.hiddenitegems.com
Hiddenite Gems, Inc.
Emerald Hollow Mine
Map & Driving Directions

The Emerald Hollow Mine is the only emerald mine in the United States open to the public for prospecting. Nestled snugly in the foothills of the beautiful Brushy Mountains, this North Carolina Emerald mine is located in the small town of Hiddenite, North Carolina. This locality is recognized as one of the most unique and interesting geological locations on the North American continent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom