Wanted: 2008 Fleetwood Jamboree Interior Dome Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphcrud

Hi Guys,
I am looking for an exact replacement for this interior light fixture. It is approx 8 3/4" x 5" x 1 1/2" high. The switch is a push in (on), push again (off)
It is a ceiling fixture from a Fleetwood. I know that I can buy a similar replacement and change one that is already in my MH with one that is not used as often, to replace this one -- but I prefer not to do this. The switch is broken (cracked) on this one, it is a Jing Heng. I have contacted them but have not heard back. I was hoping to find a local source, preferably in Canada for either this black switch or an entire new (or used) unit.
Who has any suggestions where I might try? I have done the typical RV store circuit and each time they haul out their catologue (which is usually the same one that the guy had that I just was at) :<), and all come up with close matches but are obviously not the exact replacement that I am looking for.
I will attach a few pics.
Thanks Guys

Attachments

• 2008 A Light.png
    2008 A Light.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2008 A Lense.png
    2008 A Lense.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2008 A Switch.png
    2008 A Switch.png
    227 KB · Views: 14
If you can remove the switch from the fixture, take it to a local electrical supply house.  By replacing just the switch, close should be good enough and be much cheaper.  The push button should be part of the fixture??

grashley said:
If you can remove the switch from the fixture, take it to a local electrical supply house.  By replacing just the switch, close should be good enough and be much cheaper.  The push button should be part of the fixture??

Great Idea !!  And they say guys from Kentucky are not to ----- ah, never mind :<).  Thanks for that info, I will explore it tomorrow.

grashley said:
LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL!!!

I was born in Michigan, and  raised in Ohio.  I merely MOVED to Kentucky!  :mad:

;D ;D ;D  I always felt my southern neighbors were very good, friendly people  :))

grashley said:
LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL!!!

I was born in Michigan, and  raised in Ohio.  I merely MOVED to Kentucky!  :mad:

Hello Preacher,
Thanks again for your suggestion.  I was able to locate a suitable switch from an electrical supply house.  These people went above and beyond as they went through their obsolete stock and removed the switch from an existing fixture --- now I'm Happy.

My shot at Kentucky was similar to what they say when I tell someone where I am from; the usual response is 'well that's a nice place to be FROM'.  No offence intended, as a matter of fact, we will be in Kentucky in December, we have a dentist friend who practices there.

No offense seen or taken!  I've been here 30 years, so I must claim some responsibility.  The real problem is, do you have any idea how many Kentucky jokes I told growing up in Cincinnati?

grashley said:
No offense seen or taken!  I've been here 30 years, so I must claim some responsibility.  The real problem is, do you have any idea how many Kentucky jokes I told growing up in Cincinnati?

Should have heard what I had to listen to when I told the people in California I was moving to Arkansas.

Old_Crow said:
Should have heard what I had to listen to when I told the people in California I was moving to Arkansas.

Another man with a good sense of humor.  Suppose you're going to set up a forge and make knives to get on that show "Forged in Fire" or join the force of one (that's 1 +1= 2):<), in the "Mountain Men" show.  Heck, you could do them both.

No, actually I had a hot rod and classic car restoration shop nestled in the Ozark Mtns.  We did a lot of Mustangs and old trucks.  At one point we were visited by the producers of one of those hot rod reality shows, but I don't think we had enough drama going on around the shop to make a good show. 
I've sold all that and most of our stuff and now we full time.  Current plans for the next year include the Q for the winter and probably a host job near Mt Whitney next summer. 
My newest hobby seems to be waxing and maintaining an 18 year old motor home, although, I do have a fairly extensive knife collection squirreled away in the bottom of my sock drawer if that counts.

grashley said:
Karma  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom