Warning for Rv sellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvrrat

I am in the process of selling my rv. I listed it in one paper so far. I have received 4 scam emails so far. Its called the 419 scam. They will agree to purchase your vehicle for what youre asking. In return they send you a cashier check for over the amount asking you to refund a portion of it. The unsuspecting seller complies and now youre out that amount because the cashier ck is bogus. Here is one of the emails I received(all 4 are identical except for the name)........

Good Day,
    I have just seen your ad,and it fits what i have been searching for .I am okay with your price.i am currently not in your country,to be precise i'm Germany on a business trip, and i will handle shipment . I'ld like to know if you accept money order or a certified cashiers check as method of payment.Sorry if this gets to you but if i may ask,is this your personal property? cos' i dont want to involve myself with stolen properties for sale .what is the condition like? Please reply with your full name,contact address,phone number, fax and pro0f of ownership if any,so that i cancommence payment immediately if it is still available. Please respond SAP.
Have a nice day
          Mr.Mugbe Daku............

Glad to hear you recognized the scams for what they are.

rvrrat-  I received the same thing on our house and sent it to a friend in the FBI to check,. They can't touch them overseas.  It too was from afar, and he stated a rash of these going all over the country in the quick get rich methods.  They prey on every one and hope they get a sucker. If get 1 out of 10K it's a money marker. They just scheme, scheme, scheme continuously.  Thank goodness you are alert.  Hang in there the right buyer will come around.

I hoped you arrainged for him to get a better deal on a chauffer driven RV.... (That is "Removal Vehicle" one which removes him from society to a place where they can better control and monitor his activities... The "Chauffer" is, of course, a prisoner transport driver for the department of corrections... If he is in Germany... More power to the courts)

Have a nice day
          Mr.Mugbe Daku............

Why do I smell a Nigerian scam here. :mad:  Those lads have turned scamming into a national industry.  They operate all over Europe and even here in the US.  The latest scam is a deal involving Yukos oil and shifty 'Russians'.

I'm not selling an RV or a house but my long lost uncle Francis just died while working in Africa and it seems I'm his only heir. Luckily, his attorney tracked me down in the nick of time before the government froze the account. All I need to do is pay for certain legal fees and procedures ($8000) and I'll soon be re-united with Unc's money.

Lucky me. ;D

Q

Have you ever read the Harry Potter/419er exchange (i don't know if I have a copy on hand)  Very funny, someone decided to scam the scamer.  Took quite a wile before the 419er figured it out too.

And of course they want the 8 Grand sent by other than postal mail (Serious penalities if they commit postal fraud)

I'd offer to hand deliver it..... I'm sure there is an agent who would be more than willing to deliver the check for the fees for you... I can't tell you his last name but I do know his first  "Officer"

This has been going on it seems forever, and should you reply to them and even say know, it places you on more mailing lists. However should reply and tell them you have forward it the the FBI and request all further contract be handled through them, you'd be surprised how quick they cease contacting you, only to begin under another name a few months later.  Anyone wanting to invest in their aunt or uncles inheritance, just mail me the cash and I'll hold it for you and after investing for  5 yrs if you're not satisfied I'll tell you that's the breaks just as they would.  I say this with tongue in cheek but that's about how legal it is.    Send the letter to the FBI and see what response you get. Wouldn't hurt the satisfy your own curiosity.  Good Luck

Gee, so glad you ppointed out the scam. I'd never have figured out the email was a hoax. Everything in it looked good, especially the sytax, grammar and spelling.    ;D

I seem to recall the same scam being mentioned on a UK motorhome forum ,I personaly have been bombarded with allsorts of canvasing phone calls since advertising mine,all with the same story and all get the same response they get to listen to the television untill they get fed up and ring off

When we were selling our home, we also sold off furniture, and we advertised on the internet.  While it yielded great results, it also stirred up many offes to buy and have shipped.  Same scam, and I would get identical email for each item. Just what their client was looking for. etc...

Same scam on buying instruments and back in my previous life, w had the same scams coming in for medical equipment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom