Warranty Question "One More Time"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Johnstons

We are buying a used 2004 Mobile Suites by Doubletree.  We know the importance of buying an extended warranty and that the dealership will mark up their warranties.  Can anyone tell us anything about the following web based warranty companies.
We really simply want to know that if we insure with these companies we can get the work done anywhere.

"Warranty Experts" or "RV Protection.net", and "Good Sam"
???
Thanks Jeff and Nancy
Our Best Life Now

I have bought an extended warranties from Warranty Experts and been satisfied with it.  Dave Gardner will find the best policy for you at a fair price.  The important consideration is to get an exclusionary policy that lists only those items not covered.  With your background in the insurance business, I'm sure you can evaluate these policies better than most of us.

We bought a policy through RVProtection.net and have been satisified (only one claim, though). The policy we bought is underwritten by American Guardian, a fairly big name in extended warranty coverages.  Most servicers will work with extended waranty insurers, who generally give a credit card authorization over the phone to the shop once they agree to the repair. Smaller shops may not want to spend the time/effort to call the insurer and discuss the problem and repairs, but those shops will decline any and all insurers, not just particular companies.

It is important that you understand that those companies are merely brokers who sell extended warranty insurance - you do not deal with them for repairs and it makes no difference if the agency goes out of business the day after you buy the policy.  Before buying a policy, find out who the actual insurer will be and check out their reputation, not the broker's.

I have not heard of any complaints on policies from any of those three agents except the usual cases of people who did not understand the terms of their policy or did not precisely foillow the claim instructions.  Carefully read what will and will not be paid for and the procedure for making a claim.  You must do exactly as he procedure says or your claim will be denied - no slack at all is given by any of the extended waranty underwriters.

As Ned says, you want an exclusionary policy - one that covers all repairs except those specifically excluded in the policy. That cuts down on the misunderstandungs about what is or is not covered.

You need to decide how much coverage you want. We chose a high deductible policy with a lower price tag since we were looking primarly for coverage on big ticket items (transmission, fridge, etc). I handle most smaller repairs myself, so seldom need routine dealer repairs. If you are one who wants/needs to take your rig to a service center for routine repairs you may want a lower deductible, but be prepared for a high price tag.

Consider putting the price of the extended warranty in a bank account and using the money to pay for repairs. Odds are quite good that you will come out ahead financially.

Warranty Experts hands down for me.  they've treated me great on the last 2 units.

The Johnstons said:
We are buying a used 2004 Mobile Suites by Doubletree.? We know the importance of buying an extended warranty and that the dealership will mark up their warranties.? Can anyone tell us anything about the following web based warranty companies.
We really simply want to know that if we insure with these companies we can get the work done anywhere.

"Warranty Experts" or "RV Protection.net", and "Good Sam"
???
Thanks Jeff and Nancy
Our Best Life Now

I question the assertion "We know the importance of buying an extended warranty " I don't think its important unless one's personality is to not sleep well worrying over things that might happen. One can elf finance and usually be well ahead of the game.

Hello blueblood
My personality is to sleep well every night with or without insurance.  The gamble is there either way.  The unit may never break down or the cost of repair may be well under the price of a warranty.  Or the possibility is also there that a repair may cost well over the warranty price. 
If my personality was to worry about things then I might be inclined not to get sleep wondering if things might not break down, thus my insurance money an unfounded investment. LOL 
Our unit is fully equipped with many extras, electric and electronic options.  I will gain additional information on repair of major items in order to make a logical judgement on whether the risk of buying insurance is valid.
I do accept your view point as a valid option and will weigh it before making a decision. Thanks for your experience and your response to our question.  Great response!

Thanks Jeff and Nancy

Back
Top Bottom