Warranty work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyle

I have a 5435RLES Potomac RV Fifth Wheel 36'

I am wondering if anyonne on here has heard of them.  They went out of business.  It is a very nice unit and I purchased a extended warranty on it.  I wonder if anyone here might know how I can get warranty work work done on it, since they are out of business and it might be difficult to get parts.

Thanks for any help!

Kyle

Kyle,

The extended warranty is likely an insurance policy issued by a different company. Check the policy and you might find you can get the work done at any repair shop. Often these policies require that you call for approval before the repairs are made.

Thank you Tom for replying.

Yes, I bought the warranty through the RV dealer, but it was issued by a warranty company.  The problem I am having is that all the dealers are saying they will NOT do warranty work on my Potomac because they would not be able to get parts.  I am trying to sell my Potomac and I have a buyer, but they are balking because of this warranty issue (understandably).

Thank you.

Kyle,

It depends on what parts you're looking for. Many things such as appliances, awnings and a host of other things are standard items bought by the RV manufacturer from other suppliers and so would probably still be available. If you had specific parts you were looking for that are unique to the Potomac, you may be able to find them at RV salvage yards. They wouldn't be new, but would probably be functional/usable.

Tom is right - hardly any parts on your Potomac will be unique, just the actual frame, body (sidewalls etc)  and cabinetry. RV Manufacturers buy just about everything else from industry standard suppliers. Axles and brakes, tires, king pin, tail lights, all appliances (stove, fridge, water heater, furnace, water pump, etc), converters, batteries, lighting...

And just about all of that stuff is separately warranteed by the component manufacturer anyway.

An extended warranty is an insurance policy, pure and simple, regardless who issued it. They will pay for repairs at any service facility, as long as it falls under the terms of the policy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom