Washing Windshield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgren

Just took our first trip in a 33' class A.  this is a used unit we purchased in Rapid City.  We drove it home to Lincoln Ne and had no problems.  this trip was about 1000 miles round trip.  Everything seemed ok.  My question is how do you clean your windshields?  I climbed up on the bumper and used the squeegee but it left huge streaks and puddles on the curved glass.  I had to use it up and down not from side to side like they are made to.
thanks

If you stop into a truck stop you will fiund they have VERY LONG handled window cleaning tools there.  (Basically they use a broom handle instead of the standard one)  You can also buy ones with telescoping handles in auto parts store

Fuller Brush sells a professional window cleaning brush/squeege set which works well too,  This is designed for store windwos and the like.

A small step ladder helps too

Was in Lincoln just last November

John In Detroit said:
A small step ladder helps too

Be careful of these - friend getting ready to come to a rally of our brand fell backwards off one of these in Phoenix last year and crushed his skull on the concrete pad. Lived 3 days.

Wal-Mart , Camping World, and probably any truck stop have squeegees with telescoping handles to reach the w/s from the ground. I found the best combo was a wide squeegee with a telescoping handle that I purchased at an RV show.

blueblood said:
Be careful of these - friend getting ready to come to a rally of our brand fell backwards off one of these in Phoenix last year and crushed his skull on the concrete pad. Lived 3 days.

I agree Blueblood.... One needs to use caution any time one's feet are not on the ground (For whatever reason)

(IN fact caution when on the ground is a good idea too but height increases danger)

Many moons ago ladders were tools of my trade... Thus i do know how to set them up and use them

However too many folks do not understand the meaning of the words "NOT A STEP"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom