washington rv parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luetzie

Hi,
I'm new and trying to learn more information on RV parks in WA.? I was just curious if anyone here has traveled to any of the parks in WA and if you liked any of them.? Also where do most RVers go for the winter?? I saw a lot in AZ, but are there any good places in the Northwest that people go to in the winter?? Any good spots for New Years?

Well that's a lot, but I'm trying to get a good idea about the RVin' lifestyle.? Thanks for the help ;D

Leah

Leah

We recently stayed at the Columbia Riverfront RV Park in Woodland, WA. A clean park on the bank of the Columbia river no less. The owners were very friendly and accomodating.

Park I have stayed at:
Cape Disappointment state park 9.5
Bayshore RV park Tokeland Wa 9. Bay vew sites are spectacular.
Ocean city State park 6. to many vehicles on the beach. Park was ok
Ike Kinsawa state park 7.0 not much to see, unless you have a boat.
Seaquest state park wa 8.0 close to mt st helens and about 100 mi from mt ranier
Cape Disappointment is a winner. sites are spacious and roomy and private.
lots to see and close to lthe ocean.
I also stayed at whidbey island state park on whidbey island ( in the sound)
Nice park but if you can stay at deception pass state park. I visited their and it
looked pretty nice.
I enourage reservations over the summer months and as far in advance as possible.

All of the state parks campgrounds on the coast are great and most of them have hook-ups too, but be sure to reserve in during the summer they are popular.
Another one that I'm sure you will enjoy is the KOA at Leavenworth, it can get a bit crowded but considering you are just a short distance from the Bavarian Village there, it is worth it for a couple of days.  They even have a free shuttle to take you to the village.

luetzie said:
Hi,
I'm new and trying to learn more information on RV parks in WA.  I was just curious if anyone here has traveled to any of the parks in WA and if you liked any of them.  Also where do most RVers go for the winter?  I saw a lot in AZ, but are there any good places in the Northwest that people go to in the winter?  Any good spots for New Years?

Leah

We just spent a week at the Yakima River RV park on the outskirts of Ellensburg, right in the middle of the state. Highly recommended.

I'll add that to my "visit next time" list Bernie.

Tom said:
I'll add that to my "visit next time" list Bernie.

You should enjoy it Tom. They are right on the Yakima River and, when they aren't fighting the local officials, run a number of fly fishing activities. The location is also close enough to Roslyn where the Northern Exposure TV show was filmed and we thoroughly enjoyed the Ellensburg Rodeo over the Labor Day weekend. The campground isn't 5* but the owners are really nice, good 50 amp service with sewer and water and a beautiful view and setting.

BernieD said:
We just spent a week at the Yakima River RV park on the outskirts of Ellensburg, right in the middle of the state. Highly recommended.

Thanks Bernie.  I will add that to my list for the next time we are out that way.

Tom

Is the Columbia River RV Park satellite friendly?  We will be heading that way in a week or two.

Lorna said:
Is the Columbia River RV Park satellite friendly?

Lorna, if that's the one in Portland, OR, they're fine. Clean park, sites are a little close together, no tall trees (see photo), but it's under the flight path for a military airport.

One caveat - when we went there we were following a friend who was using Delorme maps on his PC. Turned out that Delorme was sending him on a non-existent road. On a different day, I went shopping without a map in the car and had to ask a tow truck driver how to get back  :-[  Lemme look it up on the map to make sure I can give you clear directions.

Just realized you might be asking about the Columbia Riverfront RV Park in Woodland, WA. If so, it also has a clear view of the southern sky, so Ned will be a happy camper  ;D

Attachments

• Columbia_River_RV_park.jpg
    Columbia_River_RV_park.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 16
Tom

I saw your message but we will probably not stay at either park since we won't be stopping in Portland OR and have found a couple of Elks Club parking spots north of Woodland that we may or may not stay at.  Will keep you posted as to when we will be in the Delta area.  It will definitely be after Oct ! but probably before Oct 15th.

OK thanks Lorna. Good if you can get into an Elks lodge. Keep us informed of your delta plans as we some stuff going on in October.

Tom,

>>but it's under the flight path for a military airport.<<

Well nearly right.  Both commercial and military, National Guard, are on the same airport and yes you are under it but not as bad as the Jansen Beach Rv park.  BG  All of the RV parks in North Portland suffer the same problem.

Thanks for that clarification Jim. On our first day I thought I saw a commercial aircraft overhead, but they all appeared to be military after that. When we drove around, it appeared there are two airports in the area, one being military. Since we spent most of our time away from the CG, it wasn't a big issue, but I thought it appropriate to let Lorna know in case it might bother them. When you're on the ground, it doesn't really matter if it's a military or commercial aircraft that's shaking your windows and bursting your ear drums  ;D

Tom

After living two miles off the east/west runway of O'Hare for seven yrs I don't think a few airplanes would bother me but can't speak for Ned and Sasha.  Of course when we are in Milwaukee WI we are less than that from one of their main runways.  Thanks anyway for considering the noise factor.

Here are our favorites in WA:

On Whidbey Island-Fort Casey has a RV park right next to the ferry landing to Port Townsend. No hookups but GREAT view of the ship traffic inbound to and outbound from Seattle. Get up in the morning and walk on the ferry to Port Townsend. A $2.50, 25 minute ride to Victorian Port Townsend for shopping and lunch. Plan on a day or so sightseeing Whidbey Island and its many neat towns.

If you are on the Olympic Peninsula Port Townsend has city owned Point Hudson Marina with a campground right on the point  looking out on the straits from the other side. From there are a great number of day trips around the peninsula. Also Fort Worden has a campground on the water.

Also on the water at Anacortes is Fildalgo Bay RV Park although the new ownership has been raising the rates quite a bit. Anacortes is a delightful sea faring and shipbuilding town and the gateway to the ferry system to the San Juan Islands.

On the Hood Canal is Rest A While at Westport and further south on the coast are Hoquiam River RV Park in Hoquiam and American Sunset in Westport, a fishing shipbuilding town on the coast at the mouth of Grays Harbor.

On the east side of the Cascades are three of our favorite parks, Riverbend, just north of Twisp, Icicle River in Leavenworth, and Yakima Nation RV Park in Toppenish. If you enjoy boondocking with a great view the Canyon Rd between Ellensburg and Yakima has several sites along the river that are next to river tubing, rafting, and fishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom