Washington state bans gas new light vehicle sales as of 2030.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mark, LiFePO4 batteries have too low of max discharge rate to work effectively in most EV's

My question what will they pave their roads with once they get rid of all the oil, we already have a worldwide concrete base materials shortage.

In western Washington where all the trees are? It will probably be pouring rain by the next day, if its not already raining!

-Don- Auburn, CA
Eastern Wash has trees Mid Wash has miles of grassland and vineyards. I was at Steamboat rock when there was the fires of 2015

Looks like Im walking everywhere in the near future.
I am waiting for the new design to come out of the private jets with flapping wings or solar panels on top for the elite's airplanes. I guess Elon is designing rockets right now behind the scene to be staged above the Earth for charging stations too.

LiFePO4 batteries have too low of max discharge rate
With EV packs comprised of thousands of cells it seems maybe there'd be a way to get there from here, perhaps at somewhat less than LiIon performance level. Not everyone drives their Tesla in "insane" mode all the time. They're still refining the chemistries though, no doubt it will get optimized over time.

what will they pave their roads with once they get rid of all the oil,
I don't think many people connect the dots regarding how deeply petroleum is used in our daily lives. My step- and grandkids have no clue about how anything works. To them, the idea of transitioning from fossil to wind or solar is merely a personal choice. Start asking hard questions like where do tires come from, how is steel made, what grows the food we eat and all you get is a blank stare. Electricity is just what you use to charge your cell phone, after that who knows. Being in the engineering realm I see some really bright minds working on really terrific technologies that solve complex problems but in terms of the general population what I see is industry creating a class of consumer that only knows to buy and use stuff. My grandkids buy cars and have no idea how they work short of putting gas in it when it tells them to, but they know all about how to stream their twitter and play their spotify list or whatever with it. I'm convinced this is how we end up with some of the laws, policies and social trends we do, people with no clue about how anything works are both vocal and voting, and politicians are more than willing to exploit this to further their agendas and ideology.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I don't think many people connect the dots regarding how deeply petroleum is used in our daily lives. My step- and grandkids have no clue about how anything works. To them, the idea of transitioning from fossil to wind or solar is merely a personal choice. Start asking hard questions like where do tires come from, how is steel made, what grows the food we eat and all you get is a blank stare.
This does not address parts that are a byproduct for automobiles and even EVs.

Products made from petroleum | Ranken Energy Corporation

A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)​

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

SolventsDiesel fuelMotor OilBearing Grease
InkFloor WaxBallpoint PensFootball Cleats
UpholsterySweatersBoatsInsecticides
Bicycle TiresSports Car BodiesNail PolishFishing lures
DressesTiresGolf BagsPerfumes
CassettesDishwasher partsTool BoxesShoe Polish
Motorcycle HelmetCaulkingPetroleum JellyTransparent Tape
CD PlayerFaucet WashersAntisepticsClothesline
CurtainsFood PreservativesBasketballsSoap
Vitamin CapsulesAntihistaminesPursesShoes
DashboardsCortisoneDeodorantShoelace Aglets
PuttyDyesPanty HoseRefrigerant
PercolatorsLife JacketsRubbing AlcoholLinings
SkisTV CabinetsShag RugsElectrician’s Tape
Tool RacksCar Battery CasesEpoxyPaint
MopsSlacksInsect RepellentOil Filters
UmbrellasYarnFertilizersHair Coloring
RoofingToilet SeatsFishing RodsLipstick
Denture AdhesiveLinoleumIce Cube TraysSynthetic Rubber
SpeakersPlastic WoodElectric BlanketsGlycerin
Tennis RacketsRubber CementFishing BootsDice
Nylon RopeCandlesTrash BagsHouse Paint
Water PipesHand LotionRoller SkatesSurf Boards
ShampooWheelsPaint RollersShower Curtains
Guitar StringsLuggageAspirinSafety Glasses
AntifreezeFootball HelmetsAwningsEyeglasses
ClothesToothbrushesIce ChestsFootballs
CombsCD’s & DVD’sPaint BrushesDetergents
VaporizersBalloonsSun GlassesTents
Heart ValvesCrayonsParachutesTelephones
EnamelPillowsDishesCameras
AnestheticsArtificial TurfArtificial limbsBandages
DenturesModel CarsFolding DoorsHair Curlers
Cold creamMovie filmSoft Contact lensesDrinking Cups
Fan BeltsCar EnamelShaving CreamAmmonia
RefrigeratorsGolf BallsToothpasteGasoline

Eastern Wash has trees Mid Wash has miles of grassland and vineyards. I was at Steamboat rock when there was the fires of 2015
Oh yeah, I recall many years ago I was east of Spokane in the trees on the way to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, but it was a very long time ago.

It was more recent that I was at Deception Pass, WA there are even more trees. Hard to forget about being there!

-Don- Auburn, CA

Mark, LiFePO4 batteries have too low of max discharge rate to work effectively in most EV's

My question what will they pave their roads with once they get rid of all the oil, we already have a worldwide concrete base materials shortage.
Who has said anything about totally stopping using oil?

Back
Top Bottom