Waste drain doesn't fit at campground!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiwing

Hi all, first time out with a new to us trailer. Got a nice new rhino waste hose with the multi sized drain adaptor for the sani/campground end. Problem is it fits "loose" at the biggest size and doesn't stay put in the hole. Lucky I brought some 4x4s with me to support underside of the elbow, and a few more amd a big 2x10 to lay on top. But there is stench...

This is the first campground I've ever been at as a grown up camper. What am I missing??

If there's a Walmart nearby, look in the RV section for a "sewer donut" that should give you a tighter fit. The park office may also have one, but likely at a higher price.

My wife made a bean bag which I lay over the top of the fitting and that keeps it fairly tight to the the CG pipe.

Ended up at home depot. Picked up a threaded male, and threaded female 4" pvc adaptor... Slips right in and secure as heck. Now I just gotta remember to take the fittings with me... Thanks for the quick responses this morning.

Got a photo of your solution that you can post? That may help someone else in the future that has the same issue.

Good job finding a standard hardware solution, as any product (no matter how simple) with the word "RV" on the label will automatically cost more. ;)

@scottydl good point. Just 4" pvc adaptors threaded, from any big box store. The RV shops I called didn't have a donut, and I wasn't near a walmart. I needed the male, but bought both just in case. just slipped into the CG 4" up pipe.

4 pvc female.jpg4 pvc male.jpg

I have found that the multi-thread thing dang near ever fits. In fact I'm surprised when it does.. The solution?

Well mine is a bit different but this one is cuter

Amazon hose pig May come in assorted colors

Artucle showing what i have Note the ones I have are "Stackable" (I used to have two and they stack but I loaned one and... well you know) I no longer need it by the way.

Back
Top Bottom