Waste water valve leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twukker

We've got a Grand Junction 35TMS that the black water waste valve has started leaking. I really don't want to pay over $100 an hour for the local dealer to fix it, so I'm hoping I can get some help. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so ability isn't my fear. The problems that I am running into is that I haven't done anything on an RV before. It looks to me like I will have to remove the stuff on the belly of our rig to get to the offending valve. Does anyone know if I will have to remove all of it, just a small portion, etc? After that, what is the best way to get to the valve and remove it? It looks to me like the valves have a cable attached to the handle, but I'm not sure how long they are, or if I will even be able to find a replacement for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure I'm understanding....a waste valve is just 4 bolts and it's out.  Can you post a pic of what you're up against?

That is exactly my problem too! I haven't done anything with it, cuz I want to have an idea what I'm up against before I tear into it. The handles to dump the tanks are on the side, inside the compartment where the water hookups are, but they feel kind of flimsy, like they are a cable pull, rather than the slide in/out valves that I've seen when I've looked at getting a replacement valve. I've never had the bottom cover off  of the trailer, so I don't even have an idea of where the tanks and valves are

On our 5er the belly liner is in 3 or 4 pieces, just remove the one under your valve.

In this case a picture is worth far more than a thousand words.  Post some photos of what you can see before you dig in and we can help a bit better.

Thanks,
Jeff

Like my RV did the same thing. All I did was drop the belly cover under the valve and removed the 4 bolts and nuts and pulled the valve. Now I replace one valve thinking that was the issue. Come to find out it easier to replace the o-ring seals. Because I had the other grey water valve leak then. So this time I pull the 2 seals out clean them in hot soapy water and re-installed no leak. So replacement is not always required but maybe a fresh set of seals will help or cleaning the seals up.

If you're lucky there's an access panel covering the valve itself, if not you'll have to at least partially pull the belly pan.  In that case I would recommend dropping the belly pan and locating the valve then cutting your own access panel to make it easier to get to.

Now...if this is on a grey tank that has it's own line that doe's not coincide with a black tank you "could" put a bayonet type blade valve on the end.  I did this on my galley tank a couple of years ago simply because I didn't want to lay in the fire ants to change it, it's still there and I love it.

Those little buggers (fire ants) could be used as a weapon of war. Yesterday my wife asked me to plant a couple of her small flamingos of the side of our patio slab since we're set up to stay until spring. In doing so I managed to stand on a small nest in just about the only spot that I hadn't spread boric acid ant bait. My left foot is now so swollen I can't even wear flip flops!! I guess I was too busy watching for rattlesnakes that I missed that little ant hill, lesson learned I hope. I love Texas but ya'll have some critters down here that us northerners aren't used to looking for. My training will continue.

Back
Top Bottom