Water coming up in the carpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clintk79

I just purchased my first RV a class C 1994 E-350 Minnie Winnie. The first week it rained everyday, which helped me find and patch all the roof leaks. Yesterday I left the ac off while I was at work, it was humid inside when I got home, and the small patch of carpet Infront of the restroom sink was soaked. The toilet is on the opposite side of the home from the shower and on a raised platform. The platform the toilet it is on is dry and the water itself has no odor. With all that raid that carpet stayed dry, but now it's soaked and I've discovered the previous owners didn't "replace" any carpet, they laid new on top of old so two layers of soaked carpet, on a dry humid day, with no running water. The fresh water tank is on that side, but it's empty. I'm hooked up in a park. I did have my drain lines mixed up, the black was open and grey was closed. My TP is stored under the sink, it's all dry, just that small square is soaked. Any advice would be appreciated.

It would appear that the only source of the water on your floor is the city water supply but it puts a pressure on all parts of the water system so the leak could be anywhere. If you are not using a water pressure regulator, I recommend that you get one and start using it. RV water systems are designed to operate at no more than 65 psi. As to where the leak is, it could easily be from under the platform your toilet is sitting on or any water line that is near the wet area. You need to locate and repair the leak promptly and then make sure that the carpet is completely dry or it will destroy the floor underneath as it is probably particle board.

Back
Top Bottom