Water filter installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoundrel

My 1992 Fleetwood flair has no water filtration system. I was going to install a Hydro Life point of use (in-line) filter under the sink. However there are obviously to water lines, hot and cold. Do you put a separate filter on each line? The Hydro Life kit seems to only have enough fittings to adapt to one inlet line. 

Thanks

Typically, a point-of-use filter is used on the drinking water (cold) only.  It's also common to install a house style particle filter on the water inlet to the RV so all water coming into the RV is filtered.  The drinking water filter is a much finer filter than the particle filter and has a lower flow rate.

Ned said:
Typically, a point-of-use filter is used on the drinking water (cold) only.? It's also common to install a house style particle filter on the water inlet to the RV so all water coming into the RV is filtered.? The drinking water filter is a much finer filter than the particle filter and has a lower flow rate.

Ned,

If we connect it to the cold water hose under the sink does that mean the cold water will flow slowly compaired to the hot?

For the sink connection, you probably won't notice much difference in flow rate.

Don,

As Ned said:
Typically, a point-of-use filter is used on the drinking water
The key words here are drinking water. Most under-sink installations use a separate faucet/spigot supplied thru the filter for drinking water only; the water used for dish/hand washing is normally left unfiltered and will have the same flow rate as the hot water.

In our case, the cold water in the galley sink is filtered and the hot is not, but the flow rates are similar.  We don't have a separate faucet for drinking water.

Ned said:
In our case, the cold water in the galley sink is filtered and the hot is not, but the flow rates are similar.? We don't have a separate faucet for drinking water.

Ned,

That is the way I want to go. I don't want a seperate faucet. What filter are you using?

The ADC filter that came with our motor home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom