Water Heater Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
W

Weewun

I have a 2005 Monaco Diplomat.  When I use the Water Heater on AC the water gets very hot.  I have looked for a thermostat but have been unsuccessful.  have read the Owners Manual to no avail.  Can't imagine it not having an adjustable Thermostat.  Input will be appreciated.

I have never operated yhe Water Heater on Propane.

There are two thermostats, one for electric and one for propane. They're not necessarily set at the same temperature. Try running it on propane to see what happens. One our Monaco Camelot the gas thermostat is set lower.

Weewun said:
I have a 2005 Monaco Diplomat.  When I use the Water Heater on AC the water gets very hot.  I have looked for a thermostat but have been unsuccessful.  have read the Owners Manual to no avail.  Can't imagine it not having an adjustable Thermostat.  Input will be appreciated.

I have never operated yhe Water Heater on Propane.

Weewun,

Usually the temp is preset on newer water heaters. The two most common are 120 degrees and 140 degrees. Either one is "very hot" when not mixed with cold. Try running on propane and see if there is a difference. With ours the propane is hotter!

Weewun

There is no adjustable thermostat on most RV water heaters. If you have a Suburban tank, there is a replaceable thermostat with your choice of 120? or 140?. It is located behind the rubber reset buttons.

There is no adjustable thermostat on most RV water heaters. If you have a Suburban tank, there is a replaceable thermostat with your choice of 120? or 140?. It is located behind the rubber reset buttons.

Thank you Bernie. it is not what I wanted to hear but the input about the replaceable thermostat is encouraging.  I will get the 120 degree thermostat.

BernieD said:
Weewun

SW12DE Suburban in my 06 DSDP has only one setting (130 degree) and is not adjustable. However, my HWH works on the engine as well as by LPG and electric. There appears to be no temperature control when on engine heat because it seems extremely hot when using on road or just after setting up in CG. Engine runs about 209 and that's what it feels like if I forget and use HW.

I have been working with Suburban Mfg on an issue for about a week and just received an e-mail that co-incidently is on this subject. I take it from the e-mailers words that the model I sited has two thermostats -one each for gas and electric and both are set for 130 degress plus or minus 5 degrees on the turn off.

Atwood heaters also have replaceable thermostats and Atwood has a couple different temperatures available. They also have an adjustable one that fits some models. The electric and gas mode t-stats are separate and may be different temperatures as well. They ar eusually set quite hot, since the volume of hot water is small and they want to be able to mix it with enough cool water to let you take a decent shower.

The new Atwoods have a single thermostat for both gas and electric.  We had to do some creative wiring when we replaced ours in May.

Back
Top Bottom